Grandma did you get into the goodies again?

Liliana

After spending the day with Polly sunshine, I'm convinced the woman is on something. No one is that chipper or happy all the time. If they are, then something is seriously wrong with the person.

Polly dropped me off at Dimitri's family house and I went inside, then to the kitchen. I noticed Grandma our back doing what looks like yoga until I heard music playing. What in the world?

I walked out to the backyard to see her dancing around to disco music. For a ninety-year-old Grandma can dance as I watched her dance.

"Uh, Grandma, what are you doing?" I asked, curiously.

"Dancing, darling. Come join me," Grandma said moving around, waving me to join her.

"Have you been in the goodies again?" I asked, looking at her strangely.

"Not lately," Grandma answered, doing different moves. "Now, this is dancing, nothing like that bullshit dancing Cherisse's family is having people do."

I giggled as we danced. I had to admit that dancing like this is awesome. I moved my hips side to side, moving my hand up and down as Grandma did the hustle. As I danced, I watched Grandma shake her booty, making me laugh. Do you know how hard it is to dance when you're laughing?

We danced around in the backyard looking like big fools, but I didn't care. It was a lot of fun.

********
Dimitri

I returned to the house after dropping Alec off at his car. Mom and Dad must be out and I went to find Grandma. I found her alright. She was in the backyard with Liliana, dancing. I stood there, watching both dancings around, hearing Liliana laughing.

I can't help but watch Liliana with Grandma. She genuinely enjoyed spending time with my grandmother where Cherisse wanted to do other things.

"You know, this is the first time I saw Mom enjoy herself around someone she barely knows," Dad mentioned as I stood there. "Most of the time Mom hates people."

I looked at Dad. He shrugged.

"When Cherisse and I dated, Grandma barely tolerated Cherisse," I mentioned.

"Oh, son, Grandma didn't tolerate Cherisse," Dad said. I looked at him. "Grandma didn't like Cherisse." I did a double-take as Dad walked away from me.

I stood there while I continued to watch Liliana and Grandma together. I noticed the differences between Cherisse and Liliana. Why didn't I notice how much different Liliana is from other people? Yeah, she doesn't have a filter, but she learns about people quickly. She doesn't listen to me but listens to others. She's insubordinate towards me but goes the extra mile.

Perhaps it's time to listen to Liliana for once.

********
Liliana

Grandma and I took a break. We sat down in chairs and she handed me water.

"That was fun even if disco isn't my cup of tea," I said, taking a sip of water.

"It isn't about the era of music, it's about fun. Grandpa and I went dancing, having a good time," Grandma said.

"It's the people themselves who tend to be fun. I keep trying to get Satan to lighten up, but he's so severe about things," I mentioned.

"It's only because Dimitri worries about succeeding. When Dimitri was dating Cherisse, he worried constantly about showing her father he was successful, but it didn't matter," Grandma said.

"Why not?" I asked, confused.

"Craig never planned on investing with Dimitri. I tried to tell David this, but he thought I was talking out of my ass. If Dimitri married Cherisse, Craig planned to take Dimitri's company from him," Grandma told me.

Whoa, that was weird to hear.

It gave me relief when I found out Cherisse turned down Dimitri's offer. It's the one thing I give that girl credit for doing," Grandma said.

So, what I originally thought isn't accurate. I'm learning more and more about this situation than I planned on doing. After our dance party, Grandma and I went inside the house. I sat down at the counter as Mary made dinner.

Grandma poured a drink while David argued with Grandma. Watching those two bickers, reminded me of Satan and me. Satan walked into the kitchen and sat down on a stool next to me.

"Good, now that everyone is here. Tomorrow we are going to the Langley's for a day of games," David announced.

Before anyone said anything, the front door opened and closed. Alec strolled into the kitchen, saw all of us, then promptly turned to leave.

"Freeze!" David ordered Alec. Alec turned around and looked at his dad. "Tomorrow includes you, too."

"Let me guess, it's the annual game day at the Langley's," Alec mentioned.

"Yes, but this is a theme day," David told Alec.

"What theme?" I asked.

"Wedding theme," David answered as I heard a collective groan. Well, okay, then, I'm guessing no one wants the theme.

"I don't know why we have to attend these stupid games," Grandma mentioned, belching.

David looked at Grandma. "How many drinks did you have?" He asked.

"Not enough to forget about this announcement," Grandma answered, pouring another drink.

"Christ, Mom," David groaned.

I giggled watching everyone interacting. They reminded me of my family.

"Sorry about my family," Satan apologized.

"Why? Your family reminds me of my own," I said. Satan looked at me. "Every time we get together, someone is either drunk, high, or arguing about something stupid. The difference between our families and the Langley's is they're real."

Satan looked at me quizzically. I got up and went upstairs. Satan and I might have an agreement, but i
I wanted to find out what Grandma said about Cherisse . If Cherisse broke up with Satan to prevent marrying him with Grandma agreeing to her decision, then there's more to the story. You throw in the point that both father's conduct business together along with Cherisse's father planning on a hostile takeover, a key piece of information is missing.

I freshened up after my rousing afternoon of dancing with Grandma. I came out of the bathroom to find Satan standing there.

"Did you need the bathroom?" I asked.

"No, I need to talk to you," Satan said.

"Let me guess, watch my mouth around the proper Langley's," I said, imitating a snobby, rich person. "Because we know how uncivilized I can act. You don't have to worry about me saying anything inappropriate to the Langley's," I informed Satan.

I patted Satan's chest and started to leave when he stopped me.

"Actually, I thought we could be partners tomorrow," Satan suggested.

"Is this a ploy to keep me away from Albert?" I questioned with a sideways glance.

"No, but we could win," Satan answered.

Hmm, I do like the idea of winning. That might give me a chance to reveal the Langley's true nature. Behind someone's cool demeanor, lies the real version of the person. That also meant trusting Satan. Now, that's a dilemma, trust Satan and show the Langley's true colors or distrust Satan, leaving the Langley's reputation intact.

I have to go with the lesser of the two evils.

"Sure, why not? What can go wrong?" I asked, looking at Satan. Yeah, don't answer that because everything can go wrong. Anytime someone asks that question, something is bound to go wrong, it's Murphy's Law. What will go wrong, usually does?

I have a feeling tomorrow will prove a very exciting day at the Langley's, especially if I trust Satan, which I don't. Let the games begin and hopefully, we survive.