Chapter 6: It Was Like More Than 90 Years Ago

A X E L

"I know that woman. She used to be good to me, then I pissed her off." He coughs a little and realization sinks it's claws into me.

"Oh no, you slept with her didn't you?" I laugh lightly, allowing myself to see the humor in the situation.

"It was like more that 90 years ago!" He defends himself and I'm wheezing at this point.

I truly have no idea how Juliet is still sleeping, but the thing is, she could sleep through an earthquake.

"Is that how low your standards are?! A lady who tortures people on your dad's command." I try to stop laughing. Emphasis on 'try'.

"I was really young, okay? You know what? Screw you, man." He huffs, folding his arms like a child, but I see a tinge of humor in his eyes.

"No, I think you should stick to Davina for that." I tease and he elbows me.

Our laughing stops when Juliet wakes up coughing.

"Are you okay?" I ask and she sits up.

"I'm gonna puke." She runs to the bathroom and a knowing look crosses Scar's eyes.

What's happening?!

I run after her but soon she's in the washroom, where I obviously can't follow her.

We wait outside for 10 minutes and after that, I decide I'm going in.

"Screw it." I step in and ignore the surprise in Scar's face.

An old lady outside asks Scar why I'm going in, rather disgustedly.

"Oh, you know-" I can't hear how he's covering for me once I'm in.

A little girl stands next to the sink, staring at me like she's seeing a ghost.

God, I'm probably scarring her.

"Uh, do you think you could not tell anyone about this?" I ask as sweetly as I possibly could.

"Sure. With a price." She replies and my mouth falls open.

She had to be less than 7. Kids these days.

I pull out my wallet and give her a 5 dollar bill.

She just stares at me and after a second I sigh, pulling out another identical one.

"I'm 6. Not stupid. Give me the big bills." She demands.

Again, my mouth falls open. "Listen blondie-"

"Axel?" Juliet steps out of a stall.

"Hey," I step towards her, putting my wallet back in, "how are you?"

"I'm fine. Just tired. After effects, I guess." She says and drags me out of the bathroom and the little girl stares at me like a fish out of water.

I smirk at her as I leave, should've taken the money when I offered it.

God, is this what I have come to? Competing with children?

"Look, lady, what problem do you have?  This is an emergency. They're not fuc-" We interrupt Scar's argument with the old woman and literally drag him away because it looked like he was going to end up punching a wall.

"Let me at her." He yells in my hold.

"You'll kill her. Calm down." I warn him and he calms down.

"Scar was about to kill the annoying lady. Awesome." Juliet smiles next to me.

"Ugh. I just wanna go home now." Scar whines.

"Home, huh? What happened to 'I hate it here'?" I smirk.

"Well," Scar starts unsurely, I see his demeanor change as he becomes more comfortable, "that was before I could tolerate you assholes."

He begins walking as the doctor calls us in with the test results, telling us he already called Dad, who's almost here.

"Coming?" Juliet holds my hand, smiling that damn smile.

I hold her hand and follow her. Something I could see myself doing for a long, long time.

Intertwinedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें