Chapter 55: Locked Out Of Heaven

J U L I E T

"Well, this is a birthday I won't forget," I say to Scar before leaving his room.

"We still have the whole day left," he reminds me and I shrug, saying a quick goodnight.

I drop on my bed, drifting off to sleep insantly but there's a loud knocking on my door a few hours larer. I open my eyes, squinting at the night lamp's light dancing on my carpet. Irritated, I open the door to see Heath.

"Meet us downstairs in 5 minutes, gateway to Heaven is open. Hurry up, don't make me drag you out," with that he's already running off to knock on another door.

I hear him and Parker conversing.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be there in 5," Park slams the door shut sleepily and I can hear his body collapse on his  bed again. Heath begins to go back to the stairs muttering something along the lines of 'all Hastings are like this'.

If I was a bit more awake I would've taken offence in that, eh, not really. I don't have the energy anymore.

I get dressed quickly, putting a hoodie on that's at least double my size to help with the shivering. When did I even get this?

I run down the stairs as the elevator takes too long to find everyone already there. They don't even notice me come in as they continue bickering.

As I stand besides Ax, he looks at me then looks away. "Looks good on you," he mumbles.

What? Oh. Shit. This is his hoodie.

Stupid, stupid Juliet with horrible memory.

"Don't overthink it, I said it looks good on you," Ax gives me a cheeky grin. Someone's in a good mood. Ugh I hate morning people.

How is it that he reads my mind like this?

"Right, so it's still dark outside, we break into the convenience store, get in the toilets and go to heaven. J and Park, you guys stay here and keep watch. Heath and one of the the M&Ms will stay with you. It's not common for humans to go to heaven, we know that. We don't know what to expect, but it's definitely safer on ground right now. Let's go?" Axel's already striding towards the door, Scar in tow.

"Excuse me?" Park and I exclaim.

I give him a side eye. "I said it first."

"Don't be delusional, I was just a second too fast for you, ha!" Park pokes his tongue out at me.

"You just-" I'm interrupted by Max's glare.

"Sorry," I mumble. "But I'm coming with."

"Yeah, so am I," Parker joins in.

Mason scoffs. "You're not."

"What? Come on, guys, I deserve answers. Plus, it's my birthday, doesn't my opinion count the most today?" I reason.

Axel looks me dead in the eyes. "You're not coming," there's a stern finality in his tone but it won't work with me.

I walk towards him. "Axel, I'm coming," my tone is equally as harsh.