Chapter 12

I was making a flower chain while Mythra was hanging some clothes up, I let out a breath. "Everything okay Deet?" Mythra asked me, "Mythra did you know Mira was Shin and Luna's daughter?" I ask her. She turns to look at me, "They told you huh?" she asked. I nodded my head yes, she then came and sat down next to me, "Yes I knew she was also my best friend," she tells me. I look at her, "Mira my goodness how do I explain?" she said. It was quiet for a moment.

"Mira would always find ways to make things fun even if it meant getting in trouble, but she had a good heart," she tells me. I smiled, "Luna told me she wanted to be a guard in order to help Her and Shin," I tell her, "Yes that's true, Her and I were in Ha'rar, while Luna had something to do there," she said and had her hand out to dreamfast I took it and closed my eyes.

"Look Mythra they are looking for guards,'" said Mira looking at poster, "Mira don't," said Mythra, Mira looks at her. "What?" she asked, "I know what you are thinking and your mother won't allow it," Mythra tells her. "Oh come on, I want to do this I want to be more helpful to Ma and Pa after everything they done for me," Mira tells her, then Mira looks at her. "Why don't you come with me Mythra," Mira ask her. "Umm no I can't," said Mythra, "Why not?" Mira asked her. "Umm hello my father happens to be the captain of the crystal guard, and what I have heard my big brother is now training to be a guard. And if you also forgetting this Mira my mother happen to have left in the middle of the night taking me and Timtri out of that castle without a word to my father and brother only leaving behind a note. So if I joined my father might figure out it is me, and I can't lie and my mother would kill me," Mythra tells her.

"Okay fine and I will do this on my own," said Mira, "Mira you need to speak to your parents first," Mythra tell her, "I will and I will get their approval," said Mira.

We stopped dreamfasting, "By the look of things turn out she got their approval," I said, "Yeah she had to beg though her father was fine with it but her mother it took a while, but now look how things turn out but she knew her fate," said Mythra, "do you regret not joining with her?" i ask her, "kind of it would have been a chance to see my father and brother again, but I would end up revealing everything to them. Where we were, and that mother was pregnant with Raya, I actually heard from Shin that the day we left father went out looking for us but no luck leaving Rian in that castle by himself," said Mythra. "Why did you leave?" I ask her, "My mother found out what the Skeksis were doing to the crystal of truth taking it's power, and once they found out she knew. They gave her a choice either leave and take Timtri and I because we were useless to them, and Rian and father stay there. Or end up losing all of us to death, she made her choice, and she hated that she had to leave behind my father and brother to this day she still does," she tells me.

"I'm sorry," I said to her. "It's not your fault Deet," she tells me. We sat there for a moment, she then holds her necklace in her hand. "I miss them everyday, Timtri does too but he won't admit it," she tells me, I smile. "So you been around my brother too how did you meet him?" she asked me. I smiled, "I met him in Stone-In-The-Wood well I saw him when he cut me in line to see Maudra Fara. My official meeting was when I saw him outside Stone-In-The-Wood when he was trying to light his fire, I helped him with that and we talked a bit until he gave me an idea to go help my friend Hup," I tell her. "That's nice," she tells me, "It was," I said.

She let out a breath, "I hope to see my brother again soon," She says, "I hope so too," I said. I will see Rian and my friends and family again, but I need to figure out what I fear and the anger I have to control the darkening.