Chapter 14

I look into the water thinking about what Luna said. "Deet I think you have a connection to Jen,".

What does she mean? connection? Like what type of connection?

I wonder. I look into the water and took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I don't know what am I trying to do but I need to see Jen again. In a way I was maybe trying to dreamfast with myself. I laced my hands together and cleared my head, my thoughts, I just focused on Jen. And then I heard the familiar cry, " MAMA! PAPA!" .

I heard him close but I felt the dirt in the air and smelled blood. I opened my eyes and saw I was standing in front of this bloodbath. Bodies of dead Gelfing, buildings destroyed, fire. It's just a nightmare, I then saw the spot Jen once was but he was not there, I looked around for him and then saw him walking around looking lost and scared.

"Jen" I said quietly, he then started to walk away, I chased after him. "Jen wait!! It's dangerous!!" I yelled out to him but he kept on going, I kept on chasing him and then I lost him or I was lost.

I don't know what happened or how I got here, I was in the middle a woods no where near the village that Jen was at. "How did I?" I said out loud, I look around no creatures were here. 

I then heard someone running, I look at the direction that it was coming from and saw a women carrying something. 

She stopped to catch her breath and then looks at the thing she was carrying. "A childling? wait the Sanctuary Tree showed me this before," I said to myself. The women looks at her child and then turns and looks straight at me. My heart stopped, before I can say anything she began to run again and then I opened my eyes. 

I was back to reality I was trying to catch my breath, "Brea," is all I said.