Chapter 28

Phoenix

"The creature we're facing is a Hellerash." It was 3 days later and every pack and wolf we had, was gathered in front of our house. Lauren had been sent back to her house for now to take care of her mother who was now recovering from a "burglary attack". Soon I was going to bring up having Arielle erasing everyone's minds permanently of Lauren so she could come live with the pack. For now, she would stay at home though, I knew how hard it was for people to leave their families.

The wolves gathered put off a harsh fear scent. The looks on their faces said it all, and I too felt their fear.

"How do we kill it?" A wolf called out. "That will be my job." I replied, hoping to get some relief out of the wolves. "Your job will be to handle the wolves that follow the Hellerash and his master. I will not lie we are outnumbered, but a lot. They have more wolves than I believed our entire species had. Many of us will die, but more of them will be slaughtered. My mate has been to the compound and it wasn't a pretty sight, even now we hold one of their wolves and he has been stripped down to the worst form. These wolves have been stripped of their humanity and free will. They will not surrender even if you kill 20 of their pack in front of them. They will not mourn or even pause.

We must be as unmerciful as they are when we fight because one pause will mean death on the battlefield. Train and prepare, we will attack in 10 days." The large group dissipated however whispers of what we were facing were louder than a jet engine. Quincy came up behind me.

"How many do they actually have?" Without turning I answered. "Many many more. They outnumber us 5 to 1 and we have hundreds of wolves in our territory right now." He expelled a long sigh. "I thought as much." We stood there gazing out at the packs. Lauren would stay at her house until we were mated and bonded.

Arielle was over as her friend, which I wasn't happy about only because I just wanted to be there with her. Behind the scenes over 20 wolves watched and guarded the house. On the mating subject many mates had found each other in this huge gathering, however they decided their ceremony would be after the battle, traditional and private.

Me being me, I was required to introduce the new Luna to all the packs. So far no one had challenged her nor spoken against her, but that could just be because of the mortal danger we were all in.

"Alpha." Jade, another Alpha walked up. "Some of my pack wishes not to fight. Will you command us to fight?" My gaze sharpened, eyes flashing gold.

"Jade they are free to not join the fight, and I would never command a wolf to fight, however you will remind them should we lose the battle they will die anyway." She lowered her head in acknowledgement. The sun had begun to set and I still had something very important to do. I sat down in the middle of my room and connected with Lauren.

Hello love.

Hey, I miss you.

I miss you too, so much. There is one last thing we must do together before we bond. We will open our minds fully to each other. You will be able to see everything from the moment I could remember to now. Keep in mind, love, I've had many more centuries of life than you. You will find there is much more in my life than you ever thought. Take as much time as you need. At the same time I'm going to see you, everything about you. Are you ready?

Yes.