Extra Lessons

"Hey Frank!" I said waving to the heavy set man guarding the entrance. He just snorted and crossed his arms as a response. Stella walked ahead to get to class. "I just wanted to say it was a pleasure being extremely obnoxious to you and I hope you have fun with the rest of your life. (Maybe he'll find that special someone... And not eat it.)

"School hasn't even started yet, and you're already trying to butter me up so I can let you leave. (If I wanted to butter you up, I would use something that actually had butter in it.) Get to class kid." I put on a wide smile and saluted the man before I skipped away.

I now stood in front of a crappy old door and no longer was disgusted by its appearance on the inside, and I actually smiled before walking inside. A couple of heads went up as a shut the door a little too hard. (by accident of course...) I smiled back at those who smiled at me. It was nice seeing them a lot happier and having more confidence in themselves.

"Oz!" Perri said with bright eyes. She walked over to greet me; her desk wobbled as she stood.

"Hey kiddo, do you mind getting me a piece of scrap paper?"

"No I don't mind, be right back." She walked away and I took this opportunity to talk to the teacher. He was reading a book and sipping something in a mug.

"You and I both know that, that's not coffee in there." The man looked up from his book and grinned.

"Can't hide anything from you can I?" he said putting down his book. He took another gulp and watched me from the corner of his eye.

"Nope!" I said with a cheeky grin. "Can I have?"

"Nope!" he said chuckling.

"Pretty please with a cheery on top!"

"You're underage."

"And you're not a real teacher."

"Touché... Just a sip though." (Hehe WIN!) I took the brown mug from him and looked down at the orange liquid before taking a gulp. For the most part, it tasted like orange juice, but as it slid down my throat there was a slight burning sensation that lingered. I handed the mug back to him and wiped my lips with the back of my hand.

"Thanks." I said and he just shrugged his shoulders and went back to reading. Perri came back with a clean sheet of paper and handed it to me. I folded the sheet until it was too thick to continue folding. I walked over to her desk and place the cube under the shortest foot of the desk. I shook it and it stayed stationary.

"Thanks Oz!" Perri said with a huge smile on her face. I grinned and walked back to the teacher.

"You're leaving aren't you?" He said not looking up from his book. (Hmm must be a good book.)

"Guess I can't hide anything from you either. How did you know?"

"You're being nice."

"But I'm always nice." I said furrowing my brows.

"Yes, but you're also bossy and too cocky for your own good."

"I'm bossy?" He chuckled and put down the book.

"You try too hard to establish yourself as the leader. If you took a moment to realize that then you will see that you're already a natural leader." He smiled at me and went back to reading.

"I should be offended, but I actually appreciate criticism. Thanks"

"It wasn't criticism, but advice. Trust me, you're going to do great things, but just remember to breathe once in a while. And then maybe you'll see that not everything needs saving."