Book one: Chapter sixteen

Zuri's POV

I was jittery through out the ride in the limo and had to request for a glass of water to help calm me down. I was anticipating what's actually going to happen this night and where we're actually going. Knowing Kai, it's definitely a top class event, attended by the elegant and rich and where I'll be rubbing hands with them. I'm surely going to suffocate seeing them strut around arrogantly and graceful, talking about their lifestyle and enjoying themselves like there's no tomorrow.

Phew. I breathed out, relieved the ride was over and finally I get to meet Kai and playfully scold him on why he pulled this surprise on me. The jitteriness came back with full force as I scanned where we are. My heart skipped a beat, this building is so familiar, the very same building my former company is hosting their gala and yes the very same I was given the honor to organize. I've totally forgotten today is the d day for the event.

"Bye girl, I leave you here make sure to enjoy yourself and mesmerize the boss, seeing you right now I don't doubt that." Her voice pulled me from my stare. She winked at me, waving as the car sped away.

There were lots of paparazzi around and red carpet where celebrities stood, giving fake smiles and granting interviews to the press and also taking pictures.

I pull out my phone to call Kai, he can't just ask his people to give me this whole makeover, bring me here and then leave me stranded. Hey it's Kai, kindly leave a message I'm kinda busy, thanks. I tried again and it was till the same.

Gosh so what I'm I gonna do now. I can't go inside passing myself as an employee of the Gianni company when I've quit and I even don't wanna set my eyes on that idiotic devil. I would rather binge on tequila, margarita and martini which I hate and never tasted before than that. Actually I've never tasted alcohol so I don't know how it's like.

I turned away, ready to walk to a less crowded place to wait for Kai and call him and make him aware I've arrived so he comes pick me up. A shadow and a tap on my shoulders made me jumpy, I turned around in fright only to see a smiling man who isn't Kai in front of me. He wasn't Kai yeah and wasn't ugly either. He was the opposite, he looks like a freaking model for play boy with his bad boy look, built body, those dimples and white even teeth. "Are you Miss Deandra Cudjoe?"

"Yes the one and only." He chuckled at my reply and brought his hands for a shake.

"Nice to meet you beautiful, I'm Giuseppe." He gave me a sexy smirk as he looked me up and down, licking his lips.

"Okay." I curtly replied, already bored with this convo, introduction or whatever since he decided to eye me like meat and lick his lips. Sorry boo, that' doesn't work with me. I inwardly rolled my eyes.

"Come with me beautiful, I've been sent to escort you." Cant Kai come for me himself, or is this part of all his whole surprise? I followed him nothing less. The paparazzi flung at us, seeing us. Nah scratch that more like seeing Giuseppe with me, I'm no celebrity for they to be interested in me.

One of them pushed his microphone in front of him, "Giuseppe, who's this beside you? We saw you a while ago enter with Aioki Lee, your girlfriend."

"Are you two over?"

"Is she your side chick?"

"Are you playing them both." They kept throwing questions at him. He gave them a bored look, pushing a camera away from his face and kept mute. He refused to grant them an interview for them to get the latest headlines for their gossip magazines tomorrow morning as he held my hand and walked us away from them.