CHAPTER 2

I dressed up in a white fitted gown that ended right below my knee. The gown had a floral patch of blue color; I let my bob braid down, pairing it with a nerdy glass and a flat sandal.

Immediately after I reached the office, I was told by Mayowa that the CEO, Mr. Balogun, wanted to see me. As I got to the entrance of his office, I recalled the look he gave me the other day, but I quickly shoved the angry look I had on my face away. I didn’t want to lose my job just a week that I had gotten it.

“Good morning sir,” I greeted with a straight face

“Good morning,” he replied. " I see you are all ready for work," He said, staring at me from head to toe. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at him.

I had always had the gift of being able to tell a bad person, and this man right here gives me the creeps. He keeps eye-fucking me.

“Hey" he yelled, what were you thinking about?”

“Nothing sir. Sorry, sir.” I lied.

“Here’s the file I took from the last accountant after I sacked her for her not paying attention,” he smirked

Quickly, I took the book from him and marched to the door.

“Miss Oyinkan” He called just after I thought I had escaped.

“See me later. I would love to speak to you.” I turned to see him smiling, his eyes taking in my curves and edges.

“Okay, Sir” I forced the words out.

What was I going to do now? I knew for I fact that I am not seeing him or anybody later. I dodged and avoided him till I finished and got off work. The last accountant was a woman! He must be a man whore. No wonder there are very few male employees here.

You all must wonder where I got a car from, but it’s no big deal. My dad got it for me for my eighteenth birthday. Mr. Owolabi Herbert is a very rich man. How else would he be able to cater to 4 wives and 15 children?

******

The week flew by as quickly as it began. I had finally settled in full, and I was already doing some serious work around the office. I didn’t see the boss throughout and I later got to know he went overseas. Praise Jesus! There is nothing worse than having a situation ship and that too at work.

I needed this job. I am desperate, but not enough to give my body out to a wrinkled old man. Yuck!

It’s Monday again, and I was having a hectic day. My job is allocating funds to the various sectors of the large company and, with one hitch, I could lose my job.

“Oyinkan!!!” Elina called out

“What?” I looked at her.

“I have been standing here for the past 20 seconds calling out your name and you didn’t even notice,” she said angrily

“I’m sorry,” I said, rubbing my forehead with my hands to reduce the ache I was having.

“I need your help. Could you please give this to Oga from me?” she requested

My eyes almost popped out of their socket. I have stayed out of the lion’s sight, but this girl is pushing me into its den.

“What’s wrong with your legs” I replied

“Come on. You know I’d do it if I can, my daughter is the only student left at school. Her dad won’t pick her up today,” she explained.

“Fine. I’m doing this for Rachel and not you,” I joked