CHAPTER 22

The pain of Lucy's betrayal still hurt and I don't think id be able to get over it soon. I dreaded what would happen in the office when they both walk in like nothing happened between them. Its such a bad thing to be left in the dark, to put soon much faith in some one and have them let you down.
I am not one to forget what someone did for me that's why I have kept up with Lucy for that long. I don't know what would happen today at the office but one thing I'm sure of is I'm not going to be keeping James and Lucy around
I saw Oyin at the door and she looked like she was about to knock on the door but I beat her to it.
He still looked down and kind of sad. I wanted to comfort him soon badly but I can I have never felt so helpless.
"Hey" I called out to her. She looked really beautiful that morning. She wore a jean and the stores uniform.
"Hi. How are you feeling this morning?" She asked smiling
She should smile more often, it suites her very much.
"I feel better. Thanks" I told her not wanting to go deep about my feeling with her. It would be awkward now that I'm sober.
"OK" I think my reply shocked her. Her whole demeanor changed immediately. I wished I could tell her my coldness was out embarrassment than anger.
"I just wanted to tell you goodluck today." She looked briefly at me then at her watch." I should head out now." She pointed at the door.
I felt horrible,I shouldn't treat her that way because she doesn't deserve my brain told me.
"Thank you. It means a lot."
"No problem.
" Can I drop you?
"Don't bother. I can walk." She responded quickly.
She almost exited when I stopped her." You look really nice today." I said sincerely and I watched her reaction closely. Her face gradually lit up into her killer smile and I felt happiness in my veins. My comment made her happy, I didn't know why but I enjoyed the reaction I got from her. That smile can lighten up any mood and I think she blushed a little too.
I entered the office like nothing happened. The moment I walked into my office I saw Lucy sitting on my chair with her back turned to me.
"What are you doing in here?" I called out to her and watched her turn in the chair. She stood up and walked up to me in her usual seductive and sultry way. She slipped her tongue into my mouth and I immediately feel disgusted that I push her off. I was really keeping my anger in check but I'm sure the disgust is written boldly on my face.
"What the hell. What's your problem? She asked. How can she sleep with two men at the same time and still have the nerve to kiss. I wonder where that lip has been. I cleaned her mouth off with my jacket.
" I was at your house yesterday and I saw you and Shawn my mechanic." I watched her eyes widen
"And I also know you are sleeping with James." I told her
"I don't know what to saw." She said and I stood up.
"Why?"
"I saw you and her ok. I came by your house and I saw you kiss her. Were you ever going to tell me." She explained.
"Oh don't bullshit me. I would never do that to you and why didn't you just ask me." I stared at her hard and long in readiness for another excuse.
"I don't know what to say." She replied and I laughed
"You are so unbelievable. You've been cheating on me way before Oyin got here. Stop making excuses."
"Fine what if I was. We both know this relationship doesn't lead anywhere. Your parents would never accept me. Thats why I did it...OK.
"In just few months, I was going to end it with Oyin i was going to take you home but now I guess well never know. I want you out of my company and your boyfriend too."
What? You wouldn't do that" she told me
"Its against company policy and stop pretending like this would affect you. You may leave."
"You...you...bastard."
She stormed off,her shoes almost digging up the ground. I relaxed into my chair, trying to come to terms that it was really over. The relationship of five good years over and I couldn't save it. God knows I tried.
The emptiness I felt remained till after closing hours. I went home as sluggish as ever. Its like I was drained physically and mentally. I'd have to go through the pain of dating again and I sigh. I can still remember how stressful that is.
Oyin opened the door and I entered immediately taking off my jacket. I crash on the couch. She just stood there awkwardly. I knew for sure she doesn't know how to comfort me,she couldn't if she tried. I seriously need to get my mind off things.
"Demilade come! There is something I need you to see." Is she possessed? Just a second ago she looked like she'd rather be anywhere but here. She rushed over and I can swear I have never seen her like this. She grabbed my wrist and pulls me along.
We walked into the dinning and the smell I could make out in the living room was coming from. It smells all kinds awesome in here and I hear my stomach rumble. I realized I hadn't eaten all day.
"I made you a three course meal. Appetizer, main dish and dessert." She announced leading me to a chair. The table was already set and guess what she made as appetizer. Pepper soup!!!
Who could have thought. I crack a smile and took a spoon of the soup full of meat and some other things.
"This is really good" I told her sincerely. Its just the right amount pepper and the various other flavours like garlic just melts in my mouth.
"No no. You got to eat the whole thing including the dessert before you judge. If it really good,what would you give me? I asked him,I really wanted to make him laugh. I grumpy Demy is an ugly Demy.
" What do you want? He asks smiling
What I wanted? He couldn't give me what I wanted. I instantly felt sad.
"You know what,I'll tell you some day. I promise. You ready for round two?"
"Bring it on" He said in another voice I didn't know he could make and I laughed.
God! What makes me laugh in this world ehn.
We ate, laughed, joked and when