CHAPTER 30

I just stood there, dumbfounded and speechless. Didn't know whether, at doing, do I go after her and tell her I love her too, and that too very much? I sat on the couch so I could process the info.

So,what Bayo told me was true, it's unbelievable. I can recall how she bluntly told me she'd never love me when I asked her back home and I smiled.

This is unexpected, and it brings me to thinking of every time she had to deal with me.

I stood up and went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine and a glass. This is not something I could process without help. I drink when I am conflicted and I am very much.

She loves me! I smiled as I took a couple more sips from the cup. She truly is perfect and any man would be lucky to have her and she loves me.

We being already married makes everything perfect.

I couldn't let this go. She just told me how she felt, which is a big deal, and I am not letting it just slide. The more time passes, the more I am likely to lose her. I stood up and made my way to the room.

I knocked gingerly on the door and a timid voice called for me to come in. I found her sitting on the bed, her head bent, but she raised it when I entered. The room looked untidy, like she had destroyed the place in a fit of rage.

"Why?" I mentally chided myself, as that wasn't what I wanted to say. I looked at her and she had never looked more pretty. She looked tired and exhausted, too.

"I'm sorry I ruined your plans." She said, "Demilade, I want to go home for a while. My stomach clenched as she made the statement.

I couldn't remember what I planned to say, and this is taking a different compared to what I imagined. I saw my self barging into her room and kissing her, then whisper my confession in her ears. KDrama style.

"But we are not done. We still have 6 months to go. "I told her. I couldn't bring myself to tell her I loved because of what she was saying. Her leaving was a nightmare. If she leaves, I might never get her back. I needed to make her stay.

"I know, I need a break. I'll be gone for just a week. A week can't cause any damage. Wives go visiting their families all the time. I need some space." She said, yawning out loud.

"But..."

"And you have your parents here with you. It shouldn't be that bad. And you can use your free time to find someone. Maybe go on dates. Take your mind off Lucy."

"They left for Nigeria. You really are selfish, you know that?" Maybe I shouldn't have said that. I wanted her to stay, even if it meant guilt tripping her into staying.

"I'm selfish... she repeated slowly and smiled." I don't want to fight or argue with you. In three days is when I will be leaving. I miss my dad, my friends, places and people I'm familiar with. Please let me know. I need this if I'm going to stay sane. I have a lot to process, and I can't do it around you."

"I'll leave. Just stay here. I haven't even gotten my inheritance yet." Maybe I shouldn't have said that last part, too.

"So that's what this is about."

She said, her eyes boring into mine as if it's pleading with me. I left the room not because I was angry, but because I was ashamed. I have made staying with me hell for her. She was extremely strong, going against all odds with me, but I did nothing for her.

And now, despite her admission, I still convinced her to stay seem to be for my selfish reason. This night is not going as planned. Then it hit me I had had something to drink.

I left her room with an idea in mind, which made me smirk. I am going to make the next three days the best for her and then I'd tell her I loved her and want her to be my wife for real this time.