Chapter 2

Elijah POV

It's been fourteen years since I failed my family, I have worked hard since then to not fail again, my parents fell into themselves when we lost our dear Amalthea. They took years of silence within the walls of our home after they had quelled the small revolt that had caused our pain. They say they never blamed me for not saving my sister that day but how could they not, so I know they were trying to spare my feelings. But four years ago they came out and started to speak to the people again, but i can see the pain when they see the eighteen year old girls and they remember that she would be that age now if she was here.

The days are spent doing paperwork or looking at how their lands were prospering, their people still loved them and he can see that they all hurt when we had lost her. I have heard from my friend and one of the alphas of a nearby pack that they people will always remember her and they celebrate her birthday each and every year. He has been my friend since we were little, I remember his younger sister but i have not seen her since before that day. She held too many memories of my sister and the times they played together as we boys played, how the girls always wanted to join us but us being big boys did not need little girls joining us and slowing us down. Last I heard she had been travelling through the many lands and even through the human veil, all to find a Mate. I do not blame her, me or her brother both still at twenty one not found our chosen ones, we both have looked but with no luck we both, him more than me are at a loss without her.

At eighteen she was being proactive and looking for him. It's five months to my sister's birthday, she would have been nineteen and hopefully would have found her Mate by now, she would be the Lupa of an Alpha that I was sure of.

"Sweetie, what's got you thinking so hard so early?" I look up and see my mother coming into my study, we all live together still, my parents will move out if I find my chosen one but until then I'm more happy to have them here.

"Just thinking about Qwennie travelling around alone out there!" I gloss over my thoughts and say what I know will distract her from asking a more deeper question.

"Oh, she is a strong girl and I am sure she will be fine and come home soon, now do you want to tell me what else is going on in that noggen of yours?" she asked with a soft smile, she knows very well what i was thinking about.

"It's nearly her nineteenth, she could have found her chosen one by now!" I answer while watching a flash of sadness go over her face before she smiles softly at me.

"Yes, I am sure she would have found him quickly. She never was one to wait for things to come to her, a lot like Qwen and her travels to find hers. I see a lot in her that I think would have been in our angel. But we can still see it through Qwen and remember her." she said softly looking into my green eyes, and lifted a hand to smooth down my light brown hair but gave up as it bounced back up.

"Do you know that Lucious's Pack are hosting the celebration for Amalthea this year?" I ask in a slight waver as my parents or i have never been to a celebration, but i think I am going to go this year.

"Yes sweetie, relax we know all about it. Your father and I have spoken and we think it's time we went to one" she says to me looking worried about my reaction, her nervousness coming out as she started to tug on her dress and sleeves.

"I was thinking of the same mother" Her eyes light up and she hugs me tight before I could see it coming.

"I have to tell your father we will go as a family" she all but squeals as she rushed out of my study.

Shaking my head I looked out the window and let my mind wander back to Amalthea as it usually does if I do not stop myself, she was the light in our family. We have been living in the dark for so long, it's right we go into the light again and live for her!.

Sharni POV

My brain was rushing a mile a minute, did I just see what i think i saw. My brother and I are traveling around the human world with our new friend we had made back home, she had encouraged us to leave our world and explore with her, we all have not found our chosen ones and want to. I was 92 years old and still looking for him and my brother Constantin, Con for short was only just turning 85, he wasn't so much looking for his chosen one as just wanted out of the family home. We are vampires and in our society we were teenagers still. I was the only child to have moved out of home, when I made friends with the young shewolf that had come looking for her chosen in our world, I just knew I'd made a friend for life so when she had spent all the time she was allowed to stay in our world I told my family i was leaving with her, my parents were worried and my mom became a mother hen, pointing out the bad things that could happen like, hunters hunting me, not being able to find blood to drink or the worst in her eyes, finding a human chosen one. I just told her we had planned it all, we were being careful around the humans, me and my wolf friend were gonna hunt animals together, she would run it down and I would get the blood. We were going to stick to small towns with lots of wildlife. Once all this had settled her mind, my dingbat of a brother begged to let him come too, I was saying no when my dad said to take him, this way he may grow up a bit.

With resignation he came along, we have been travelling for 7 months through the human worlds and we had made it to the small town near the Wolves Veil. Briar Wolf Creek, apt name being the town closest to the actual wolves.

But we were just getting some food, yes we eat normally too. We have to supplement with blood for all the rest we couldn't get from eating food. I remember when my older sister tried going vegetarian when she was 56 yrs old, not a good look. We were waiting for our friends when I heard the waitress ask Con for his order but for him to not answer, when she asked again I pushed him to answer first as I was not ready yet. But as I looked up I was struck speechless, even more when I saw the glow on her Bracelet, an identity one , I just couldn't speak. The waitress said she would be back later to take our order but I still could not speak.

"She looks just like ...." Con stumbled out still looking at the girl.

"The wolf Queen Luna, she is a spitting image and she has the bracelet!" I spoke low not wanting anyone to hear us. I do scent supernatural beings in the restaurant but there are too many people in here and so many smells to pinpoint who it was.

"Like the one Princess Amalthea had when she died!" Con was still watching her.

"Oi Dingbat stop staring. Princess Amalthea fell over those waterfalls and died. Everyone knows the story of how they lost the princess. No one could survive that fall, But sh-e looks just like the wolf queen and has a bracelet like the one that the Prince had given her that day!" I reprimand my brother as well as try to rationalize what we were both thinking, did the Princess really die that day or was this she who was taking orders in a human pizzeria.

"What you muttering about guys?" our friend asks as she sits with us.

"Qwen, omg. Can you see the server here, do you recognize her?" Con prattled out to her.

"The red head, no can not say I recognize her" Gwen answered as she picked up my forgotten menu.

"No, no we mean the Blonde!" I mutter to her.

I watch as Qwen runs her brown eyes around the place and we know it when she sees her, her eyes go wide and round, and tears gather in them.

"Oh My Goddess, Amalthea!".............