Chapters 17

Plugging my phone into the jack near the stage and queueing up my music, I feel nervous but the thought of singing is calming. Explaining how to start the music to Sharni, both her and Con look hyped for me to do this while Petri looks relaxed for the first time since I first saw him.

"Now the microphone is set up at the front of the stage, you are on for 20 minutes, that's around 4 songs ok?" Petri Looking at me.

"Yes, I've done longer sets before at home, it will be okay!" I do not know if I am reassuring him or me.

"Now you're going to take that cape off now?" Petri asks me, pointing to my hood.

"Uh- no sorry, I need this hood for now. I can not take it off!" I say as I pull it more secure over my face.

"But-" Looking at my body posture, I guess he knows he will not win if he tries to get it off me. "Bugger it, it's fine. You remind me of my daughter, fire in her soul too. Break a leg"

He rubbed my upper arm through the cape in a soothing manner, he is a true father, I can see it. Looking around I see everyone is watching me and talking, they all wondering where I came from but the main feelings are hope that I can sing like Sharni told them.

Looking at Sharni and Con, they both do thumbs up and big smiles. The dancers were now off the stage and it was clear. Petri walks out and goes to the microphone and announces me as the voice of the goddess.

Walking out, I feel my nerves melt away and everyone is going quiet looking up at me. As I get to the microphone I hear two words as everyone has gone quiet, Lita followed by Mate.

Looking up I first see those dark eyes watching me,like they could actually see me.beside him Qwen is looking at me with wide eyes and her mouth agape. But soon she is smiling as she looks at the man beside her who is watching me in awe then back to me.

Taking a deep clear breath I motion with my hand for Sharni to start the music, and listening to the intro I get started and sing my best.....

"Thank you for the days, those endless days those, sacred days you gave me. I'm thinking of the days, I won't forget a single day believe me..........

..........."

I sang full and strong, giving my all and all the emotion I feel singing the song.

"I bless the light, I bless the light that shines on you believe me. And though you're gone, I thank you for the days"

As I finish and sharni pauses the music before I go onto the next song, looking out everyone is silent and looking at me with their eyes wide. Suddenly everyone is clapping and cheering me. Looking up I see Qwen clapping and the man beside her is leant forward and cheering loudly.

I look beside them and see a man who looks familiar and his eyes are watching me, he seems to be confused. The older couple beside him are watching me, the woman is smiling and clapping, looking at them I feel a tear in my eyes as I realize they are my birth parents.

Slightly waving my hands I silently tell Sharni to start the next song, I have been keeping my arms down as to not show my bracelet. I remembered that it's what made Con first notice who I am. But looking at my birth mother, we look exactly the same. I start my second song....

"Grew up in a small town, and when the rain would fall down I just stare out my window. Dreaming of a could be and if I would end up happy, I would pray.

Trying hard to reach out but when I tried to speak out, felt like no one could hear me, wanted to belong here, but something felt so wrong here, so I pray, I could breakaway...............................................I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway. Breakaway"

Looking out some people have tears as I finish my song, and see that Qwen is one of them. But this time I just go straight to the third song...

"Hey, don't write yourself off yet. It's only in your head, you feel left out or looked down on. Just try your best, try everything you can. Don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away. It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride, everything, everything will be just fine................"

By the end some are even bopping along, as I look up Qwen is motioning to me, running her hand over her head and waving her right wrist, I look to Sharni and Con and they are doing the same. It took me a little while before I figured... They want me to take the cape off and reveal myself. I think it over and decide it's a good plan, this way they can get used to the idea, before we try to talk to them. I just hope it goes well as I start my last song, my newest song I know...

"I'm like a paper plane. That's caught in winds that change. I've never sailed so high, your love will be my lullaby. I'm like a paper plane, can't be afraid of heights, don't know how far I'll fly. Just keep me in your heavenly sights, fighting the rain, racing the storm. Who will catch me if I fall? Making my way, coming back home, from where the paper planes have gone........"

I slowly pull my arms up as I sing and hold the mic, my cape falling back over my shoulders, my bracelet is on show now and shining in the light, I look and watch my birth family all lean forward, the older woman holds a hand to her mouth as her eyes zero in on my wrist, Qwen is watching them closely, but the man beside her only has eyes for me......

"Fighting the rain, racing the storm.

Who will catch me if I fall? I'm making my way

Coming back home from where the paper planes have gone,

Where the paper planes have gone......"

With this verse I undo my necktie and I push the hood back, I feel the cape fall and hear through my singing everyone gasp. My Blonde hair falls free and down my back, My blue/green eyes stare softly into a matching pair on the woman who is my birth mother. She is crying and standing at the rail like she wants to run to me, the males are all looking like they have seen a ghost, as that thought pulls at me a gust of air flows from behind me. And everyone in the crowd seems to have smelled my scent and has gone silently looking up at me in shock, but my eyes are on my birth family, the man beside them and Qwen.

At the end of the song everyone is silent,I slowly back off the stage and go backstage to have everyone there looking at me in awe too.

"Pri-nc-ess Am-al-thea, you are, you're alive!" Petri says as he looks at me with tears in his eyes.

"Ur-" I stutter not knowing what to do as all my nerves return and as I hear a commotion from the door to the room, look over and see Qwen and the man that I feel a pull too run in the room followed by my birth family....and before i can catch my short shallow breaths, everything goes dark...