Chapter 10

Qwens POV

While we waited for Amalthea, I mean Lita. That's gonna be hard for me to compute. We went out the front, all the different scents were making all of us nauseous, we could not understand how Lita took it, but then she had grown up in this environment so she must be used to it.

"That witch really is keeping the grudge up!" Sharni Jokes.

"Well hundreds of their kind were killed because of some of the elders, wouldn't you be angry still?" Con said to Sharni.

"Well Yea. I guess you are right, hope Lita is okay with her, it has been a while now.!" Sharni wonders.

"They are friends, they need time to get back on track!" I tell them, but I feel a tinge of jealousy, I used to be her only friend. But then I have to remember we were grown ups and can have other friends, not to forget the 14 year gap in our friendship.

Looking around I look at the sun and around the little town, it's so picturesque and cute, Lita has had a wonderful place to grow up in. but I still wish things were different and the last 14 years had not happened.

"Hey Qwen, are you going to ask her to come to your home with us?" Con wondered with a worried expression on his face.

"I want to, and need to. Her true parents have thought for 14 years that she died, the whole supernatural world believes she died!" I answer truthfully. "She belongs with her kind and to know her family, maybe find her chosen!"

"But how, her family wouldn't believe us and you think she will come with us?" Sharni has worry in her voice, she thinks highly of Lalita already and wants to protect her, and looking at Con he feels the same.

"Well they will recognize her as we did and by her scent!" I am sure of it, if they took one look and scent they will know. "I hope she will want to by the end of today!"

"Why so fast?" Con asks.

"The birthday celebration is in 4 days, if we can get back for it, with her. It will be perfect!" I tell them my plan.

"Yes but it is her birthday here too, she may want to stay with her parents she knows?" Con reasons with me.

"I know but I am hoping she comes with us." I answer simply, it's not like I do not understand that they are her parents here but I have seen the pain the wolf Veil has lived with and bringing her home may heal that pain and they need her.

Before we can talk more we hear Lita coming up behind us, in her hands is a big greasy bag and by the smell of it, there's lots of fries in there and in her hands is also a large pizza box that smells lovely.

"Hey fangs, fancy a picnic at the river?" Lita asks with a smile. A smile I have missed.

"Fangs?" Sharni asks laughing.

"Well we all have fangs, it's a cool gang name!" Lita reasons making us laugh.

"Ok So the fang gang it is!" Con laughs deep.

We walk as fast as we can when in sight of humans and once we deep into the forest we sped to the river, the spot that Lita was at yesterday, where she was found. We all sit in a circle and Lita places the food out in front of us and pulls cans out of her bag, she really was organised. After we sat in comfortable silence eating and relaxing, before Lita looked at us decibly and began her questions.

"I Really do not know where to start, how do you know me?" Lita admitted and asked me " were we really friends before I was found?"

"Well that's a hard question to answer without telling you things that may shock you" I answered simply. "And yes we were friends, we were the only friend each of us had, so we were close."