Chapter 11

This is alot to take in, my birth family missed me. They think I am dead, that has gotta be tough and sad, at this thought I can feel my wolf side get sad too. To know I have a whole family alive out there and to be a Princess on top of that is hard to take.

But I feel happy and somewhere inside I want to see my family, but also have a guilty part at the thought of my mother and father. I will always love them but a big part of me wants to see my birth family and let them know I lived. And to find I have another name, a name that sounds familiar and makes my wolf side come alive, like it's bouncing up and down in me, something I have never felt before and to top it off I can feel a fullness in my head I have not felt before. This whole day is wild.

"Amalthea" I sound out loud and see Qwen smile at me.

"Oh yea and Puck, that's your brother's wolf name. You used it on the cuddly as he was the one who gave you it!" Qwen all but was hopping on her bottom.

"It's my one thing that calms me down if I get upset!" I confide in them.

"It's not been long since you shifted so your wolf may still speak to you" Qwen says matter of factly.

"Recently shift?" I ask.

"Well those who can shift or shift partially start at 16 with their senses getting stronger, this is the age most get their senses through. Then at 18 if you are going to shift you will be on or near your birthday, there are only two who can fully shift, now with you three. Me, your mother and you!" Qwen explained, but still I was confused.

"Qwen I was ten when my senses got strong!" I told her and I watched her eyes go wide and Con chokes on his drink as he was just about to swallow. Sharni Is just looking perplexed.

"Ten? Are you sure?" Qwen asks like I could forget my age.

"Yes, on my tenth birthday and I fully shifted on my thirteenth" I answered and watched all of their eyes bug out.

"Oh my god, you did it all early. No one has ever done it earlier.!" Qwen says, sounding confused.

"Lita, can I ask. Did you have an imaginary friend when you were little? But it was only a voice? Con asks, looking deep in thought.

"Imaginary friend? What's that?" Qwen asked.

"It's something humans have when they are young!" Con answered confidently.

"Yes, she was there when I woke up when I was in the hospital. She told me to be brave and she would be there with me, she spoke to me in my head and was kind to me. She stayed until I was eight, but then my mother started to get angry when I would ignore her to talk to the voice. I was told I had to ignore the voice to grow up." I explained remembering that soft voice. "Her name was my name."

"Lita, that was your wolf, I think you activated your wolf when you were pushed from the waterfall!" Con exclaimed like he had figured out a puzzle.

"Lita when you woke up at the hospital, do you know how you were hurt? Did you heal quickly when you were young?" Sharni asks.

"Well yeah, I never got sick or if I hurt myself I healed very fast. I remember the doctors were surprised I was ok in the hospital. I only had scratches.!" I remembered and told Sharni.

"Oh my god! We do not get accelerated healing till our 18th birthday, you got yours at four years old!!" Qwen looks so happy at this, I guess its a good thing.

"Ok, so why is my wolf not talking to me?" I ask Con as he seems to know all the answers.

"I think you blocked her out and she may have hidden herself to make life easier for you, if you open your mind up she may come out again in the future!" Con answered as he took the last fry.