Chapter 19

Queen Alexandra's POV (rare)

The day was going well, just as we knew it would. Our son and the Alpha of the Silver Prism pack did well, it's a nice sight to see them being close again and acting like the friends they are.

Do not get me wrong, I feel such sorrow and sadness today. I will always remember my baby I lost fourteen years ago, and I still have a slight edge of anger in me still.

I watch my people with love and I do feel love for them, but I also hold distrust of them. We loved our people and we gave them everything we could and shared our lives with them, but still they betrayed us.

Over the years me and my Mate both retreated into ourselves and we ignored the peoples pleas for our love after we had eradicated the cancer that infected the lands. My love is still harboring such hate and he holds himself hard for everyone but me, even towards our baby we still have.

The pain we have endured can not and will not be forgot but we need to start to live again and we need to start loving our people again

We know that the people still celebrate her on this day every year, and I am grateful for that, our Amalthea deserves to be remembered. We have had a statue built near her cliffs of her as she was when-when she left.

Even to this day I struggle to say she had died, but we are healing.

The people are lovely and are out in droves to see us, we show them our happiness, hiding the sorrow we still feel. I watch my son and hope that his chosen will come soon and open his soul again. We know he holds guilt and blame on himself but whatever we say will not lift it, I hope his Mate can lift it for him or at least help to carry it and lift it from his soul.

Sitting in the Halls in our booth with Lucious and Qwen we watch the dancers prance too long on stage, starting to bore. I see them finally leave the stage and a young woman stands in the centre of the stage at a mic.

Wearing a cape the colour of peridot and only her mouth and chin showing she has piqued my interests, I see both Lucious and Qwen lean forwards and I gleam after hearing a soft "mate" coming from Lucious that this young one is his Chosen. I am so happy for him and hope the Goddess shines her light on him and his Mate.

As she sings I feel my heart quicken and I start to feel a connection to her, looking at my love and son they are both feeling the same as me. I was tearing up at the lyrics she sings and all I could think was she had an angel's voice.

In my peripheral vision I saw Qwen motioning to the singer and by the last song she seems to have got the singer to understand.

My heart stops short at the sight as the singer reveals her hands and arms, on her wrist is a gold bangle, just like my amalthea's and on the same wrist. We are too far to read what is on it. I try to dismiss this feeling in my chest and abdomen, telling myself off. Amalthea Is gone.

But everyone gasped and I shot forward with tears streaming my face as she pulled her hood off, I was looking at a young version of me. She looked just like me at that age, it cannot be. I had been ignoring all sounds around me until Qwens voice slipped in.

"I found Amalthea in the human world," Qwen said, sure and clear.

"What do you mean, Amalthea is-de-gone!" I say in a stutter, I have never stuttered in my life.

As the young woman on the stage exited we all shot up, I walked out and making my way to the side of the stage I listened to Qwen.

"I am sorry My Luna, she is not gone. She survived the fall, Amalthea was found and adopted by humans when no one came for her!" Qwen said assuredly.

"How would a child survive that fall, you must be mistaken Qwen!" My love told Qwen.

"I am not my Alpha King, she has the bracelet, she looks like the Queen!" Qwen stands up to my Mate. "she has her scent, a scent I would never forget. Her wolf helped her survive.!"

"Her wolf?" I asked as we all stopped at the door to the side stage.

As we all walked in we saw her talking to Petri before she turned to us, her eyes, my eyes staring at us. Before we were halfway there her eyes rolled back and she went to fall, before anyone could think Lucious was there catching her, and I watched as he scented her and growled out mate.

As we all came close, the scent I had ignored earlier hit me, my daughter's scent. Falling in front of her in Lucious's arms, I held her hand and cried harder in joy, I have my baby back......