Chapter 21

Eli's POV

Looking down at the slip of a girl in front of me, the first thought I had was she was brave to get in our way, but as i looked at her, my heart stopped.

She was my mother's double, she looks like she would have if she had not gone over the cliffs.

"Amalthea?" I ask as I look at her, she looks into my eyes and my heart stops. sniffing I grab her scent and nearly fall to my knees. "Baby sis?"

"Mate, my Amalthea?" the Lucious asked from beside me, making me catch my breath. She is his chosen?.

"Names Lalita now dimwits!" she growled at us together, my breath catches at her language.. "That may have been my name once upon a time, but not now."

"Lita, why did you run out of here?" Qwen asked as she came forward to stand beside me. I try hard not to smell her scent and hope my mask I wear works.

"Well, when you find yourself in a locked unknown room you tend to want to leave said place quickly. Plus these cliffs pull me!" Amalthea, no Lalita answered a matter of factly. "This is where I went over isn't it?"

"You shit heads locked her in!" Qwen shouted at me and Lucious, both of us bowing our heads at the shout. "Yes, this is it. That day you went over there"

My sister back from the dead looked over to where she fell, and I can see her mind whirling around. Looking at her I feel a lightness fill my heart at the sight I thought I would never see. My baby sister here and now, all grown up and at her statue. My parents are going to be so happy, they are waiting at the house, they wanted to come out but in this weather they would not be safe.

"I understand now!" I hear Lalita mumble to no one.

"Understand what?" The guy on the floor asked as he got up, wiping his blood on his sleeve. "You ok Lita?"

I hear Luc growl and move closer to my sister, staring the guy down until he turns his head down and to the side. Showing submission.

"Bad puppy!" Lalita shouted at Luc. "down puppy!"

Luc looks taken back from her wording and I feel a laugh bubble in me and let go, making everyone look at me. I have not truly laughed in front of people in years.

"Puppy?" I ask her.

"Well if he wants to growl like a puppy not getting his treat, that's what I shall call him." she answers as she looks at Luc, but I can see her eyes soften as she looks in his eyes. She is definitely his chosen, my sister is my best friends Lupa. "well you all know my name, would you like to tell me yours?"

"I am Elijah" I smile at her forwardness, she has a strong will. Just like me. " and I am your-"

"Brother!" she says straight, making all of us silent. "That's why you feel familiar right?"

"Yes-uh I am your brother.!" not knowing what to say I grow silent, she has caught me at every turn.

"If you are my brother and that's why I feel the connection, who is he?" she asked, pointing at Luc, I see her shiver and berate myself for not noticing she is only in her dress with no cape or shoes on. But before I could do or say anything Luc was there.

"I am Lucious, and your Mate!" he said as he went forward. " I feel our pull too, we are meant to be!"

"Simply meant to be!" she whispered, this phrase I do not know. "But we do not know each other!"

"We do, we used to play together and now we get to stay together.!" Luc opens his cape and before my sister could think he had picked her up bridal style, shaking his cape up and over her to protect her from the rain. "Let's get you inside before one of us catches a sniffle."

Lalita looks shocked and stuck, but I see her settle in his arms. She would be feeling the bond and feel him as her safe place. I can not stop staring at her. My sister is home-back where she belongs.

Walking back to the house I get to know the new girl is named Sharni and the Twat I had hit earlier is Constantin, her brother. Still do not like him.

Walking in the front entrance our guards bow to us, some staring at Lalita in Luc's arms before they hear Luc growl at them, as Lalita hides her body tighter in his arms. She will be safe with him, forever.