Chapter 16

Lucious POV

It's working, everything has gone to plan, we had a greet and speech time at the fountain. The royals greeted their people and my pack for the first time in fourteen years. The whole pack are excited and joyous at seeing them and for some of the young ones for the first time in years, the High Luna our queen looks so happy to see the people and she shows her emotions on her sleeve. With each child that calls out mother Luna as they once called her, we could see a tear in her eyes, remembering her daughter. The High Alpha and Eli are both stone faced, neither showing emotion and neither interacting unless pushed by Luna Alexandria, but when the children stare in awe at his size and the stories they have heard of him, he gives them a slight smile now and then. The older ones, remembering him as the friendly and open Alpha he once was, are loving seeing the interactions and like me are hoping this is only the start.

Walking in a line towards the halls for the show, some of our people are already in there waiting and watching some of the pack dancers.

I keep looking through the crowd for Qwen but I have not seen her and I am worrying on who will go on stage to sing in place of the girl we were meant to have. As I look over I see some females winking at me and fluffing their hair out and their tits up, making me shudder.

As I look through the crowd my eyes catch a girl in a light green cape, the cape covers her whole face apart from a pair of beautiful lips. Beautiful lips? Why did I just think that. For some reason I can not take my eyes off her, she is a foot shorter than me.at least from what I can gather from being this far away, she has a grace to how she is standing. I can not seem to peel my eyes from her and in that instant my instincts kick in, my chosen, my mate. She has to be her, I have found her.

As I get this strike of knowledge I lose sight of my Angel as the crowd rolls and pushes, I try to push my way through but the desperate females in front of me do not let me through. And everyone is trying to follow the royals to the halls, as I get more and more frustrated and my wolf starts to growl, he wants to get to his female.

Pulling back I leave the convoy and slip back, thinking I can get to the back of the crowd and push through to her that way, as the crowd moves away I walk backwards and wait for my chance to cut through. But as I do I feel a small body collide into me from the crowd and grab me.

"Luc!" Qwen is hugging me so tight and I instinctively hold her, I forgot I was looking for her and in my haste to get to the caped female I forgot about the show that was to start soon.

"Fuck, fuck,fuck!" I swore harshly.

"Nice to see you too brother" Qwen laughed at my reaction.

"No not you, sorry. It's great to see you sis, how was the trip back, where are your guests?" I ask, trying to make up for swearing at her.

"They're meeting us at the halls, it was so busy here and my surprise has had to wait and slightly change!" Qwen says as she steps back. "What were you running off to just then?"

"My chosen, I think I think I saw her in the crowd!" I say as I see that the royals in the distance are going into the halls.

"Omg thats amazing, now that Bitch can fuck off!" Qwen swears at me.

"Language, what would Mum say if she heard you?" I scold her, she should not swear so much, females are not meant to talk like that!. "Guess you have bumped into Rebe! Forget her, I have put her in her place."

"Not so in her place, she still thinks she is your mate!" Qwen scoffs.

"Yes well, I think my true one is here!" I say as I start to pull her towards the halls.

"Yea, she was wearing some sort of cape, could not see her fully but my instincts say she is it!" I explain as we get closer.

"A cape?" My sister mutters loud enough for me to hear, then hurting my ears she shouts in glee. "This is great, that's my guest and my surprise.!"

"She is a Vampire?" I ask feeling mixed emotions, as no wolf has been mated to a vampire before.

"No, Silly. She is the wolf Imet in the village in the human veil!" Qwen says as she thumps my arm.

"The lost wolf was female!" I say in shock, and awe now that she will most likely be my chosen. This proves she is going to be a strong Lupa.

"Yep and it's gonna be better than that, you just wait!" Qwen gushes at me.

"You confuse me sis, oh fuck, the singing needs to start soon. It's too late to get you there, we best go explain to the royals the change.!" I say as we run up the stairs into the halls.

"Singer, what's going on?" Qwen asks as we go through the guards into the royal box with the high Alpha and Luna sitting with Eli.

But as we join them I watch as Petri introduces a singer, voice of the goddess he says, where did he find a singer.

"Lucious, nice of you to join us!" Eli Says sarcastically, but as soon as he sees Qwen he shuts up and nods to her.

"Lucious, you and your packs done wonderful!" Luna tells me and points to the seat next to Eli. "Now take a seat, you too Qwen, we will talk after the performance you have arranged is over!"

Qwen looks like she was about to say something but with one look from Luna she goes quiet.

With that we both sat and watched the stage for the singer to go on the stage, as the figure comes to the microphone that has been put on the stage my breath catches and Qwen shoots forward.

"Lita" I think I hear her whisper. As I say loud and clear "mate"