8.

Xavier's P.O.V.

"Surprise!!" Maiya shouted as she barged in my room.

"Hey there baby sis." I tried to make her ignore the fact that Scarlet was in bed with me.

"Firstly, I am younger than you by just five minites. We are technically twins remember? Secondly, who is this girl with whom you probably had sex  last night? If it was one night stand dont bother me telling her name but if not please introduce her." She spoke in one go.

Maiya and her old habbits!

Scarlet and I both got up from the bed. She was little confused and embarrased. I could tell.

"Maiya, she is not one night stand! She....." And as usual Maiya cut me off.

"Oh my god. You finally have a girlfriend. I am so happy for you Xav." She jumped on me.

"Maiya, can you ever let me finish my sentence, ever?"

She sighed. "Fine go on you serious face."

Scarlet left out a giggle at this. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Maiya, this is Scarlet Rivera my chef. Only chef. You get that?"

"Oh okay. So you had sex with your chef?"

"No its not like that. Actually yesterday night we were watching series and I slept off here." Scarlet said.

"Oh she speaks!" Maiya smirked.

"Arent you guys a bit more friendly for a boss and an employee?" Maiya questioned.

"Maiya, forget it. Why are you here?"
I sounded annoyed.

I know she is my sister but she gets on my nerves sometime.

"Xavier no need to be rude okay. I am here because of a client meeting. If you dont want me here I can book a hotel." Maiya said.

"I am sorry but I will excuse myself." Scarlet left the room.

"Maiya its not like that. I am sorry. Come here. Give your big brother a hug."

She softened, "I missed you Xav. But you are not my big brother." She hugged me.

I left a chuckle. "I missed you too Maiya!"

We talked for sometime and then I got freshen up. Maiya and I went for breakfast downstairs.

Scarlet's P.O.V

I came to my room. God. She is handful. She thought I was Xavier's girlfriend! But I enjoyed the fact that a girl can make fun of him. I do too. But she is his sister.

Thank god Xavier told her that I am just chef. Just a chef! It sounded little weird. But its fine I guess.

I brushed my thoughts away. I bathed, got dressed and went downstairs to make breakfast.

I decided to make french toast and scrambled eggs.

While I was done, the twins came in. Xavier was wearing blue blazor and white shirt, with blue pants. He was looking handsome.

Maiya wore a grey pencil skirt and white shirt with little blue bow tie. She is really beautiful. I guess it is in their genes.

"Good morning Scarlet." Maiya said with a smile.

"Good morning Maiya!"

"I am sorry for you know embarrasing you in there earlier."

"Thats okay. I will just come with the breakfast."

"Yeah. Do you need some help?" She asked.

"No thanks. I got it."

I soon came with breakfast on the table. Maiya and Xavier were laughing about something. It was the first time I was looking at Xavier laughing so wholeheartedly. The scene warmed my eyes.

"Scarlet you should sit with us too." Maiya said and so I sat.

We started having our food. And then Maiya said,

"Scarlet you are an amazing chef!"

"Thank you so much." I smiled.

"So do you work only for this serious brother of mine or somewhere else too?"

I ggigled, "I have a diner too. So I am the chef there."

"Thats great. Xav great choice man."

Xavier smirked.

"Okay, I should get going. I have a meeting for which I came here." Maiya said.

"Bye. Be careful." Xavier said.

"Yes Xav." She gave a kiss on his cheek.

"Bye Maiya."

"Will meet you tonight Scarlet."

And then she left.

Now it was just two of us. Xavier broke the silence

"I am sorry for what happened earlier in bedroom. Maiya can be handful sometimes."

"Oh no thats okay. I like her. She is sweet."

"As you say so. I should get going now."

"Yeah. Me too." I said.

"You want a ride?" Xavier asked.

"Umm...."

"Come on I know you go by bus. You dont have a car."

"Fine, I will just take my purse."

*********
Hey peeps! I hope you like this chapter.

Vote and comment if you like it.

Pls check my other two books Arranged to Love and Loveless Marriage.

XOXO ❤️

-Anushka