35.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'All!!!!

*********

Xavier's P.O.V

I said it! I finally did it! I overcome my fear!
It felt so good. And even more good to know that she loves me too. Though I hurt her many times, I'm a mafia leader she loves me.

I think thats love!

You like someone because of their qualities and you love someone despite their flaws.......

"Xavier!!!" Scarlet called from downstairs. Probably for dinner.

"Coming sweetheart." I said.

I went downstairs to see the dining table full if my favourites. There was white sauce pasta, Chicken alfredo, Chocolate cake! How does she manages to do everything? My god.

"Scarlet!" I grinned.

"I hope you like everything." She said unsure.

"I'm sure gonna love it. But why didn't you call me? I could have helped." I went near her and held her hands.

"Ohh so Mr. Mafia can cook?" She teased me.

"Not really, but I could have given you company." I said kissing her neck.

"If you would have helped like this, we both would have slept empty stomach." She laughed.

"It was okay for me as I would have you as my dinner." I teased her but I think I made a mistake. Her face fell. She became tensed suddenly.

"I'm so sorry Scarlet. I was just joking. Please I would never force you to do anything."

"Um, its okay. Shall we have dinner?" She quickly changed the topic but I knew something was wrong. I wanted to ask but decided to wait for her to open up.

"Sure, I'm famished."

We both had dinner but in complete silence. Scarlet was still disturbed by our earlier conversation. I didn't know what to do to make her normal again.

Um, I guess I have an idea.

"Scarlet how about we go for some ice cream?" I ask excitedly.

The moment I said ice cream she jumped.

"Really?" She smiled.

"Of course. Come on lets go." I grabbed her hand.

"Yay, we are gonna have ice cream."

This girl! I love her so much.

::::::::::::::::

After coming home, we straight away headed to bed. Of course she came with me in my room.

"Scarlet, I love you." I said while caressing her hair.

"I love you too Xavier." She kissed my cheek.

"Being in your arms like this, you wont believe how much safe I feel." She said.

"Thank you Scarlet, for giving me a chance to love you. I'm so grateful to have you in my life. I promise I will always keep you happy."

———————
Scarlet's P.O.V

I know Xavier and I love each other, but the past I'm holding up is too bad. I don't want him to leave me after hearing what happened. I don't wanna lose him. This is the only reason I'm not opening up. But I guess if he truly loves me which I know he does he won't leave me.

"Xav." I called him.

"Yes Scarlet." He came and sat beside me wrapping his hands around me.

"I want to tell you about that nightmare."

He looked at me seriously, "Are you sure Scarlet? There is no pressure."

"I want to let it out please."

"Okay, without any worry, go ahead." I squeezed her hand.

She nodded

"At the orphanage, I was almost raped."

**************
Hi there. Hope you like this chapter.

Pls vote and comment if you like it.

Check my other books Arranged to Love and Loveless Marriage.

Love,
Anushka.🧡