21.

Scarlet's P.O.V.

What the hell was that? He can't grab my arm and shout at me. Okay fine I did the wrong thing with messing with his profession. But the way he reacted was utterly wrong. And after what we are right now, like we have told each other that we like each other then also he is being so bossy.

But I guess I should say sorry too. We both are at fault. But I hope he realises that he can't mistreat me physically.

And for that I am going to confront him right now.

I started walking towards his room. However in middle I saw Xavier coming towards my direction. We both glanced at each other and kept walking till we were very close.

"I'm sorry." We both said at same time.

"Let me speak first." This time he said it.

"Go on."

"I am not sorry for telling you to stop insulting my profession but I'm sorry for the way I told you. I shouldn't have hurt you physically. I am genuinely sorry for my behavior Scarlet. In my right senses I would never do that. I am really sorry for that." He cupped my cheeks.

"Xavier please promise me it won't happen again. I do not like men treating women badly. Whether it be physically, mentally, or emotionally, I hate it." I said sternly.

"I promise you Scarlet, it won't happen again."

"I'm sorry too for insulting your profession everytime. It's just that this is all very new to me. I only saw mafia in movies or I read it in books. Now that I'm in reality living with one, I'm just overwhelmed."

"Scarlet I completely understand what you are feeling. But in this case I can't do much. This is who I am. And believe me I didn't wish to become a mafia leader though my dad was one. But after my parents death, everything changed for me. The only motto I had was to avenge my parents murder."

"Xavier we both know that we are two very different people with very different perspective. It is going to be difficult for both of us. It is upto us whether we want to appear for the test or not!" I was on verge of crying now.

"Scarlet I don't know about you but I really like you very much. I want to give us a shot. I really want to."

"Me too Xav." I smiled through my tears.

He hugged me tightly and placed a kiss on my forehead. I wrapped my hands around his torso. We stayed like this for sometime. It felt surreal.

"Let's get to bed!" He announced.

"Together?" I asked.

"Yes. I want to hold you to myself."

"Oh okay. But no funny business Mr."

"You've my word madam." He said but it felt like he was trying to convince me about the earlier thing he said  that he won't hurt me like that.

I smiled and nodded at him.

We came to his room and laid on bed. We were laying far away. But I was little hesitant to hug him and sleep so I didn't say anything. Xavier noticed my face contemplating what to do? So he initiated.

"Scarlet you do remember that I wanted to hold you in my arms and sleep!" He said.

"Um..yes."

"Then come here." He extended his arms.

I gladly went closer in his arms. He wrapped his hands around my body. I kept my hands on his chest. He kissed my forehead. And soon we went to dream land.

************
Hey lovelies. Hope you are enjoying Xavier and Scarlet's story.

Pls vote and comment if you like it! Share my work with your loved ones!

Also check my other story Arranged to Love ❤️ and Loveless Marriage.

XOXO ❤️
-Anushka