Heiress 17: Mall

Heiress 17

Jace's POV

It's already Monday meaning we have classes at Red Fire Academy. When I arrived at the Hanazono Mansion yesterday, Lavalee wasn't still there but she arrived earlier by 2AM. She barely had sleep but she insisted that she's go to school so here we are.

We came late because the girls needed to run some errands which we didn't understand. We were only able to attend the afternoon classes since we went to school during the last period of morning classes.

I never thought that this mission would make me learn how to manage our family business. My parents never forced me to study anything related to Business Management because they respect my decision to be a police officer.

I am currently seated behind Lavalee who's currently doodling. I kicked her chair making her face me. She mouthed 'what' so I signaled her to listen to the professor. She rolled her eyes and looked in front.

A matrix organizational structure is one of the most complicated reporting structures a company can implement. Read on to learn why a company might implement a matrix structure and the advantages and disadvantages for both company and staff.

Definition

A matrix organizational structure is a company structure in which the reporting relationships are set up as a grid, or matrix, rather than in the traditional hierarchy. In other words, employees have dual reporting relationships - generally to both a functional manager and a product manager.

Example

In the 1970s, Philips, a Dutch multinational electronics company, set up matrix management with its managers reporting to both a geographical manager and a product division manager. Many other large corporations, including Caterpillar Tractor, Hughes Aircraft, and Texas Instruments, also set up reporting along both functional and project lines around that time.

I wrote it down while listening to the professor.

Our next subject is Accounting then HRM then self defense for the last class.

*KRING *KRING

I walked beside my comrades as we walk behind the girls when suddenly sharp objects went flying to our direction.

Lavalee and Chelsea went backward so they hit us while Jess and Irene walked forward. We watched the two deflect the flying objects with the daggers they caught.

Wait. How can they do it so easily?

It's not a skill acquired very easily. It takes years and years of training.

"15 daggers and 3 shurikens, Ire, 13 daggers and 5 shurikens, Jess. 28 daggers and 8 shurikens, masyado nilang pinapadali ang challenge." Sabi ni Chelsea at inayos ang salamin niya

Pinapadali?

They think this is still easy?

"Ms. Jess! /Ms. Irene!" Alpha and Lieutenant reacted and pulled the two

"I'll take it from here." Lavalee stepped in front then smirked and winked at me

Chelsea, Irene and Jess picked up the dagger and the metal that called shuriken and gave it to Lavalee. Our eyes widened when Lavalee threw them to where they came from too swiftly.

"Done." She snickered and walked ahead.

We saw seven men pinned to the wall using daggers and two girls pinned on the wall using the thing they call shuriken.