Heiress 31: RFA Foundation Day

Heiress 31

Lavalee's POV

I woke up all of a sudden so I sat up. I touched my cheek and I felt that it's wet. I stared at my damp hand and noticed that there is a clear liquid on it. I touched both of my cheek and I felt a tear rolling down my cheek.

Am I crying? But why?

*RING *RING

I reached for my phone and looked at the time. 2:15AM, I saw that the caller is my baby sister, Freia so I immediately answered it.

I wonder why she's calling this early. It's only 3:15AM in Breakore if I remember correctly.

[Eonni, eomma appaga geulibseubnida.] I can hear Freia's voice cracking the moment I answered the phone.

(Korean: I miss Mommy and Daddy, older sister.)

I sighed then composed my voice and tried to be strong, for Freia, for our baby sister.

"Dangsin-i eotteon gibun-inji al-ayo, Freia,hajiman jigeum-eun uliga ganghaeyahabnida, al-assjyo?" I told her in a cooing tone.

(Korean: I know what you are feeling, Freia, but for now we have to be strong, okay?)

[Nēsan kiraidesu ka? Izen okāsan o mamorenakattakara?] I can hear her heart breaking sob from the other line when she asked that.

(Japanese: Do you hate me, sister? Because I couldn't protect Mom before?)

My heart throbbed when I heard her ask me that. Freia's too young to think like this. It's not her fault. She shouldn't feel like this, we're doing everything to avoid making them feel like this.

"Mochiron chigaimasu. Anata wa tōji kodomodeshita, anata wa hangeki suru ni wa waka sugimasu, watashitachi wa anata o sememasen." I said calmly but my tears are already flowing because if there is someone who could protect eomma back then, it would be me. I could've protected eomma. I could've if only I chose to stay.

(Japanese: Of course not. You were a kid back then, you are too young to fight back, we don't blame you.)

[Tsukaremashita ka? Muzukashī?] she asked me while sobbing

(Japanese: Are you tired? Is it hard?)

"Īe, anatatowatashi-tachi no kazoku ga iru kagiri, watashi wa kesshite nagaku wa arimasen. Watashi wa tatakau no ni tsukaremasen." I said trying to convince Freia and at the same time making myself stronger and composed.

(Japanese: No, I will never be as long as it's for you, and our family. I will never be tired to fight.)

Even though Freia's already nine years old, she's still a kid, she still needs guidance. Freia, Icey and Fuego, They need our parents, but they're not here anymore so Nii-sama and I are doing our best to make them complete. For them not to feel the gap, for them not to feel that something is missing, we're trying to fill the gap our parents left. It's hard but for them we can endure it no matter what.