Chapter 9

As soon as I saw that we were entering a private area in the woods,  like a bucket of ice cold water being splash on me,  my alarm bells,  finally started ringing.

"whe.. where are we going? "

Trust me,  i tried to act that I'm not scared but my stupid tongue still managed to stutter.

My heart at this time is beating really fast to the point that it's getting harder to breathe, my palms are sweating and my brain is going in all sorts of direction.

He can't be planning to kill me and throwing me into the woods, right?

As I remembered all those real crime case I have watched and listen to in youtube, i started breathing rapidly.

"w... where are we going?! " this time panicked was evident in my voice. 

I honestly wanted to cry, i did not expect that I'll ever experience a situation like this in my life. 

Nothing is normal. Heck,  transmigration is in no way normal!

My hands were shaking as i tried to fumble to get my seatbelt off. 

Looking at it in a rational way,  i did not know why I'm even fumbling around with the seatbelt,  was I planning to jump off the car? 

I don't know, but at this time i just felt like the seatbelt will somehow get in my way of escaping.

How to escape? 

My brain has yet to process that part.

"what are you doing?" there was a slight warning in Zach's voice that made me flinched. 

The tears that i was trying hard to stop from falling,  started to come out one by one. 

These traitors!!

I'm actually a pretty docile person.  I always follow the rules,  never was i even daring enough to try something reckless. In the orphanage i was the eldest sister that everyone relies on.  I never even encountered a situation where my mother in the orphanage raised her voice at me,  much less a stranger.

So when Zach raised his voice albeit only slightly. I was still scared... I felt so wronged...

I hated myself for being so weak. I was hiccupping and sobbing, and the stupid seatbelt still won't come off. 

"p.. please, I wanna go home..." my voice was getting hoarse from crying.
I was honestly scared,  and no matter how I tried to stop myself from crying and looking weak, my tears still won't stop falling. 

He stopped the car on the side of the road as he unbuckled his seatbelt. 

"Ealize, don't cry please? What's wrong?" he wiped the tears off my face as i tried hard to focused on his face through my blurred eyesight.

"I...I wanna go home, i...wanna go home..."

I just keep on repeating the same line over and over again. As if repeating the word "home" could bring me a small relief that i could go back to it. 

"okay... okay,  I was wrong. I wont hurt you, I promise. I will take you back home after this"

His voice was soothing, and it made my nerves relaxed.

I did not answer but my crying has stopped only the sound of hiccupping every now and then can be heard inside the car. 

"are you okay now? " he asked again

I just nodded my head at him.

I saw him fumbled around the bag in the backseat. I was about to ask what he was doing when suddenly he shoved a black rectangular thing in my hand.