16 | Gossip Girl

"She's not worth it, Vaughn

"She's not worth it, Vaughn."

I remember Jake saying those words to Vaughn about Camila. Oh God, why do those words keep haunting me now that I'm trying to close my eyes to sleep? This is so infuriating. I roll my body to the side, restless. Maybe I should try counting sheep to get it out of my mind.

Jake wouldn't have said something like that if Vaughn had really moved on, right? Jake must have known that Vaughn was still living under the shadow of his ex-girlfriend.

Shit. I should have been aware of the aftereffect of the kiss before I allowed him to kiss me. Now, I'm becoming such an insecure girl.

Because it's too good to be true. I've never felt something like this before. The chemistry between us is real -- or at least, I think so.

He's too good to be true, but at the same time too real for me to pretend like he doesn't exist. And too dangerous for my vulnerable heart.

I like him. I really do.

To the point that I'm afraid that everything will be shattered once I enter too deep.

I mean, look at his ex-girlfriend, who is basically a Goddiva. I'm nothing compared to her. Maybe I'm just a distraction to him. Or a rebound.

That sounds so pathetic.

I bury my face in my hands and begin to count sheep.

I'm walking down the corridor of my campus after finishing Fluid Mechanics class, which felt rather tiring because I didn't get enough sleep last night, thanks to Vaughn

I don't have any more classes this afternoon, so I should just go back home. But my legs bring me further to another specific place. Again, my body is betraying my mind.

Every step I'm taking brings me closer to the dance club rehearsal room. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I guess that there's this curiosity kicking inside me. I just want to know more. I just want to see her.

While I'm walking closer to the door, a girl emerges from it. She pants, her hands slid down to her knees. It looks like she's taking a break from the dance practice. She looks exhausted. Noticing my existence, she looks up at me.