65 | I Love You

AN:
Hi guys, you may be bored of this as I keep saying this again and again, but really, thank you so much for your support. As for the comments, I wasn't able to reply one by one, but I genuinely appreciate each and every one of them <3

***

Seeing him collapse and lie on the ground with blood pooling around him is the most terrifying scene I've ever seen in my life

Seeing him collapse and lie on the ground with blood pooling around him is the most terrifying scene I've ever seen in my life. My heart stops beating. I can't breathe, the air ripped out of my lungs. I can't even comprehend what's happening around me even when the cops finally ambush us and take Derek.

My hands shaking as I touch Vaughn's arm, staring at his lifeless figure.

He was trying to protect me.

"N-no," I whisper. "S-somebody, please help him." There's a cop bending down to me, and I grab his arm. "Please, sir, s-save him!" I stutter.

He looks at me with sympathy in his eyes. "The ambulance has just arrived, Ma'am. We'll do our best to save him."

Jake rushes toward me, and I snap my head toward him. He stares at Vaughn, shock and disbelief skating all over his face.

"Jake," I cry, shaking his shoulder. "He-he's not leaving us, is he?" I whisper brokenly, shaking Jake even more, but he doesn't say any word, still speechless due to the sight before him. Instead of saying something to calm me down, he pulls me into a tight hug, and I can't contain my tears as they flow hard and unforgiving.

 Instead of saying something to calm me down, he pulls me into a tight hug, and I can't contain my tears as they flow hard and unforgiving

I run, gripping the patient trolley as we transfer Vaughn to the operation room. My eyes fall on his face, so pale. Once the medics bring him into the room, the doctor greets us at the door.

My breath is short and fast, Jake panting as well beside me.

"He's in a very bad condition, and I must say this to you beforehand." The doctor takes a deep breath and stares at us with a guilty look, as if bracing himself to deliver the horrible information. "His chance to survive might be really small."