45 | Blind

AN:
Hi guys, thank you for all your comments. It's wonderful to hear about what you think of the story.

This chapter will be different because it will be told in Vaughn's POV.

***

Two weeks ago...

I love her.

The words couldn't be more fucking true as my mind now revolved around the image of her waiting for me back home. A smile formed on my lips as I texted her that I would drop by Austin's place. I began to drive my car, heading to his place as I still thought about her. About us.

What a lucky bastard I was to have her by my side. A scoff left my lips as I imagined Jake's reaction once he found out. Yeah, I was in love with my best friend's sister, but hell with that. I would make sure that I would tell him how serious I was about Melanie, and to do that, I had to meet the guy in person.

It might have started long before I met her. I remembered how Jake always sounded happy when he talked about her. While I was visiting him, I used to steal a glance at what his sister looked like from the family photos, just out of curiosity. My favorite picture of her was the one framed on the cabinet near the piano, in which she had a big smile on her face while wearing a Harry Potter sorting hat. Weird, I know, but I couldn't just get it out of my sight. Maybe it's about that beautiful genuine smile on her lips or the fact that her eyes were shimmering with happiness.

The moment I first heard her voice was when her call went into a voice message and she spoke through the phone speaker. There was something about her laughter that made it ring back in my ear, and that happened once while I was laying Camila on the bed. Fuck.

During those times, I couldn't help but wonder about this girl, who seemed so naive, so pure, so innocent. So kind and beautiful. But then, it turned out that Santa Claus was real. Because this year, I met her. And until now, I still thought that she was fucking too good to be true for me.

Before I met her, I thought that Jake had a serious problem with his overprotectiveness. But now, I didn't think that I could hold myself from tearing other guys who had the guts to stare at her for more than five seconds.

It was funny how fate had made us together. It was surprising that she was able to pull me out of my shell ever since Camila left me.

I stopped the car as I arrived at Austin's place. The guy greeted me when I entered his house and offered me some nachos. What's with the sudden attitude? This dude practically knew that we could grab any food in his house without his consent, just like the last time he almost kicked me out of his house after I stole the last slice of his favorite pizza.

He leaned back against the cabinet while I settled in the couch. He got this serious expression on his face that somehow made me alert. I was no psychologist, but anyone could tell that he didn't just call me to share his nachos from the way he looked agitated, even to the point that he didn't dare to look at me in the eyes now.