Chapter 49

Gordon

The flight was alright, Randi white knuckled it a few times even though we didn't so much as encounter any turbulence. After she'd had more flights, she'd get used to the feelings an airplane gave. After the flight we had to catch a link to the island, for us on a premier Fuzzy Travel flight, we were taken to the island on a Fuzzy Travel private helicopter. At first Randi had wanted to sit by the window as she had on the plane, however, after we'd hit our cruising altitude, she changed places with me, she didn't ask, she just moved to the other side of me and started sitting. She elbowed me for snickering.

"This is your pilot, we will be landing in 10 minutes on the island of Saint Croix where the temperature is a balmy 25 degrees Celsius, the wind is holding steady at three kilometers per hour, perfect bikini weather." The pilot announced

We started our decent, now Randi was leaning over me trying to watch out of the window. I unlatched her seatbelt, picked her up (I'd already release my belt) and slid under her then set her down on the window side. People whom saw this laughed. I suppose that was a bit comical. Her face was plastered against the window watching as we came in to land.

The hotel had a private van for guests of the FuzzySt. CroixTower that took us to the resort hotel. We checked in and were escorted to our suite. Holland had secured us the best room in the joint, on the top floor, corner view.

The room was actually spit into three different levels. The level we entered on had the bedrooms and bath facilities with a shower room and tub room, TV and other amenities. The stairs down took you to a private hot tub and exercise area. Again a TV and water station with a sitting area with a changing room and shower. You could exercise and enjoy the view. But why would you want to wreck the view with exercise?

The stairs up took you to a private domed roof area that had a larger hot tub and a small pool. The dome was clear, perfect for enjoying the sun and stars from air conditioned comfort. I think Randi and I would be checking this area out when the stars were shining. I looked at her as we viewed the dome room. This might just be the perfect place for us to... yeah, she'd like that. I hope the glass was soundproof.

We unpacked then I told Randi I wanted to deal with Tullis so that was out of the way and off my mind. She had no problem with that and said that she wanted to get her sketches and designs off to Zandie's corporate email so she could at least say she'd sent them.

I felt sorry for her; Zandie didn't have to cut her off from the design aspect just because she didn't want to spend time with Randi. The designs she came up with were helping Zandie make money. Whatever, we had other fish to fry as it were.

The laptop was able to show me Tullis sitting at his desk, yelling at someone. I texted Murdock in code that I was about to call Fuck-face. As much as I was dreading making this call, I was going to enjoy it. Murdock texted back that he was ready and included some other relevant information that I might be able to use.

As we'd discussed, Murdock cycled through the cameras slowly so I could see what was going on. Then Murdock's face came on the display and he nodded. Now I'd place the call.

Tullis looked over at the phone ringing on his desk and picked it up. His expression changed several times as he looked at whom was calling, ending on anger. The caller ID would have identified the call as coming from Wes Anderson. Holland and I decided to set the line up that way so he'd know it was me calling.

"Well, aren't you the ballsy one calling me out of the blue. Decide you want to come back? Tell me where you are, I'll have my boys come pick you up, bring you back here so we can talk." Tullis said with a coy voice.