01.

Savage.

"Please, please don't kill me, I have a family to feed, I didn't mean to attack, I didn't please." His pleas for mercy were ridiculous, he knew what he was doing the moment he stepped on my territory, rogues come in peace, he came with teeth that were barred at my pack and blood that dripped from his mouth. "Please." He begged again but it was useless, I tore his throat out before his incessant begging gave me a headache.

It was a merciful killing anyway no one would've missed him, I knew that much, what baffled me was why he couldn't find help, why choose to stay a perfect target for others to kill, most packs took rogues in, rehabilitated them, and gave them a home, guess I will never know. "Is this the last of them?" I questioned the patrol wolves with a growl. "Yes Alpha, he's the last one." The one leading the patrol replied as I walked closer to him, avoiding the foliage and trees.

"Good, now explain to me how a rogue got past your lines, there are exactly five patrol units but only four cardinal points, which makes the job easier, tell me how!" I yelled as they cowered back in fear. "We didn't see him getting past, we- we were focused on the ones upfront that we forgot the one that sneaked in." His response was pitiful at best, so I punched him in the gut and threw him away, one by one all fifteen wolves were on the ground groaning as I had beat them.

"One of you could've died for your mistake, one of you would've been injured if I didn't get here in time, don't I train you to handle yourselves, don't I!" I yelled in fury as all of them had their eyes downcast in submission. "This is a lesson you must learn, I train you to be sharp not because I enjoy hurting you but because I want you to live, rogues won't hesitate to kill you, you mustn't hesitate to kill them if they pose a threat, now get up and go home, you have extra training tonight." I ordered and they all got up groaning but their heads bowed.

"Savage!" Oh shit, I need to get out of here, I quickly shifted and bounded away from him, I'm not in the mood to get punished for yelling, not today, I passed rocks and trees, jumping over logs and jagged rocks till I got to the famous falls which the town got its name from, in my wolf form I lay down enjoying the silence, trying hard not to think about the one thing I should have and don't.

"Hey Blue." He greets my wolf with a happy chirp before he stumbles on the rocks, his legs are scraped and his elbows too, he followed me I should've known, my wolf whines seeing him like this, so he happily walks over to him and licks him. "Stop Blue, staaap!" His laughter and giggles fill the whole area getting rid of my own depressive thoughts. "I missed you, Savage doesn't let you out that often, he's mean." He pouts cuddling the six foot six wolf like it was a teddy bear, only he could do it anyway.

"Savage I know you can hear me, you're still in trouble, even if you brought out my other best friend out to play." He warned with a glare making me mentally wince, I know I'm in for it when I shift back. "Say Blue, wanna go swimming?" He asks as he strips, how I wish I could not go hard looking at that body, after he strips there's nothing holding him back, he jumps into the lake made by the falls, I of course follow him in and shift back in the process of falling making a huge splash.

Laughter rings out all around us as he swims toward me. "You're in big trouble mister, but I'm gonna deal with you lat—." He shrieks as I splash him with water a load of water and that's how we began our water fight, as he tried to dunk me in but only succeeded in getting himself dunked. "Give up hermosa you cant get me down there." I teased when he tried again which eventually failed, now he was pouting.

"If you don't stop pouting I'm not watching Ballerina with you." I warned and the pout immediately went away, that always does the trick when he's sulking, it was getting cold as evening rolled in, as much as I loved playing in the water, we had to get back home, we swam to shore, then I carried him to his clothes. "Savey, when are we going into town, I need batter." He announced after he got dressed, I was still naked and I didn't really care since we were alone but he hated it when I was naked around other people.

"Pick a date hermosa and we can go." I replied before shifting to my wolf and he climbed on, it made chuckle how he seemed so comfortable on my back, like he didn't have a care in the world, safe and sound, if only he knew that I felt more safe around him, like nothing could hurt me as long as he was there, I ran back to our house, it was a bit of a distance from our parent's house but that was okay, we preferred it that way.

I trotted past the packhouse where wolves bowed or looked away in respect of me, it wasn't fear, it was just respect for Blue, he had a temper and disrespectful stares always made him kill, when I got to the house soft snores made me shake my head, how could he easily sleep there, I was supposed to be a vicious predator yet he was sleeping on my back. I nudged the door open and made a beeline for the lounge, there I placed sleeping beauty on the couch and shifted back.

"Out cold as always." Dad joked as he walked out from the kitchen. "Hey dad, yeah, let me put some clothes on." I mumbled before jogging upstairs, it wasn't surprising that he was here, dad always made it a habit to come check up on us since my little brother was different. My other siblings treated him like he was gold too, in any way he was gold, to me and the whole pack. I walked downstairs wearing sweatpants and a sweater that my little brother got more, well half of my wardrobe he's the one whose bought it.

I found dad in the lounge covering him up with a blanket, he looked so precious. "So how have you two been, any problems with the pack your father and I can help with?" Dad questioned as he helped me make dinner, the only problem I had was the visit from the Cold Lake alpha, since Daxom had given the title to a new alpha.

"You're frowning, this problem must really bug you." Dad remarked with a cheeky grin, yeap my dad could read me like an open book, so could papa and I hated it sometimes, though I inherited both their qualities for better or worse I could never read dad, he was a master of this little game. "Yes, it's the visitation from the Alpha of the Cold Lake, apparently they want a treaty since Phoenix warned them that he would destroy their pack if they continued to trample into the lands surrounding the Ashwood pack." I added as dad season the chicken.

"They are frightened, Phoenix does carry out on his promises more often than not, we both know that, and seeking help from us will guarantee that Phoenix won't touch them." Dad explained as the chicken sizzled in the pan. "I already planned on denying but they are insisting on hearing them out first which is why they are coming, but either way I'm not changing my decision." I responded to dad's summation and he nodded in approval.

"If there is one thing I know about that pack is that they're more trouble than they are worth, wolves are running from them, Linden actually told me that a month ago they received over twenty into the Ryeland pack, Ralliel is trying to avert more from coming so he told Xander to open his borders for them as well, I'm sure he asked you to do the same." I nodded with a sigh, Ralliel alpha of the Ryeland pack did ask this of me, I opened the pack to wolves from the Cold Lake.

"No wonder they are desperate, without a pack who needs an alpha." Dad chortled as we finished cooking. "Matty is still asleep." He informed me and I walked toward the lounge so I could wake him up, he hates being woken from naps but he had to eat. "Hermosa you've got to wake up, babe." I whispered and he stirred from his sleep, those green eyes of his cutting through me. "I don't wanna wake up." He whined and I chuckled lifting him up.

"So you won't eat, dad is here." I reply and his smile grew wider. "Oh my precious little angel." Dad coos which makes him glare at dad. "Dad I'm twenty four, not five." He pouts making dad roll his eyes, Matty is even more of a child when papa is around. "I know sweetheart, but you'll always be my baby." He replied with a wink, he's mischievous as always, and I loved my dad for it.

+++

This is the sequel to Heathen, we pick up from where the storyline left but only this time we're focusing on Heathen and Aries's kids.

Please understand that my werewolf books are in a connected or one Universe, there will be mentions of characters from other books and I know a lot of you are excited about it.

Remember: This story is not edited, any errors grammatical or otherwise will be corrected in due course.

Vote - Share - Follow - Comment

LMJ