44~ Xavier Russo

After Bella fell asleep, I dropped a note beside her bed, stating I'm going to see Cheriè and left.

Walking to the bus stop, I couldn't help but smile and sigh at the memory of what we just went through today. Bella truly seemed like wonder woman, fighting side by side with me and then confidently speaking out to the reporters as if she didn't just go through a whole trauma.

I can't help but think we were most likely made for each other. She is the fire to my ice as I'm the ice to her fire. We balance out each other and I'll be a fool if I ever let her go again.

Getting off the bus, I walked inside the hospital and went in to Cheriè's room. She was watching the Disney Channel and as soon as she saw me, she squeaked and outstretched her arms towards me.

"Xavy! Sei tornato! Stai bene?", She hugged me tightly and as I patted her back.
(Xavy! You're back! Are you okay?)

"Sì Cheriè. Sto più che bene"
(Yes Cheriè. I'm more than okay)

"Xavy! Xavy! Il dottore ha detto che posso tornare a casa in tre giorni!"
(Xavy! Xavy! The doctor said I can go home in three days!)

I stiffened at her words. In three days I have to find us a place to stay. I most assuredly can't take her home to the place Bella calls a broom closet.

But I guess fate was on my side because just as I was about to stutter a reply to Cheriè, my phone started ringing and Damien's name popped up.

"Yo beast!"

"Wassup floral suit"

"Hey! Hey! I'll have you know my suit that day was a mint condition Givenchy into Armani collab. Si?

"Whatever. Get to the point, why'd you call?"

"I got a test fight scheduled for you! Today afternoon at around 12 in Sacramento WBA center. You better get your ass here on time because I had to grovel alot with the directors board to get you this opportunity"

"Thanks man. I'll be there on time"

"And uh...About your 'Bella', She okay? I saw the news and Oof what a news it was. The woman is practically all the media is talking about right now"

"Yeah I know. Don't worry, she's okay."

"Pfft me worry about that bitch?, I was gonna celebrate independence when I-"

I hung up on his rambling as adrenaline started coursing through my veins in anticipation for the fight.

"Cheriè!", I squealed a little too girlishly for my liking and hugged my baby sister

"Si!?", Cheriè asked with equal enthusiasm

"Sono così felice!", I smiled happily as things are finally going well in my life.
(I'm so happy!)

Ever since Bella came into it...

"Anch'io sono felice Xavy"
(I'm happy too Xavy)

We settled down and started watching some cartoon princess story called Sophie or something till Cheriè started shifting uncomfortably.

"Qual è il problema Cheriè"
(What's the matter Cheriè?)

"Perché non viene più a trovarmi?"
(Why doesn't she come to see me anymore?)

"Chi?"
(Who?)

"La tua ragazza"
(Your girlfriend)

"Cheriè lei-"
(Cheriè' she-)