23~ Natalie White

I woke up stiff yet comfortable. My eyes were heavy and I could feel my puffy cheeks. Oh no.

I had an episode again! And this time someone witnessed it! And it was Xavier of all people!

Opening my eyes, slowly adjusting it to the brightness outside I stiffened feeling Xavier's arms wrapped around me as I layed against his chest.

Speaking to him last night oddly felt freeing. He was the first person beside my therapists that I spoke about this to...not even my dad could get me to speak about it directly to him. And it's better if it stayed that way, I don't think he'll ever forgive himself if he realises that Emma was killed right infront of my eyes.

Wait! Did I just think of Emma without going into a whole panic attack? Omg

"Morning Bella", Xavier's morning voice almost made me fall off his lap. How can this boy's voice get any deeper!

"Morning you snorer", I teased while he rolled his eyes. I tried getting off him and moving back to my seat but he grasped onto my waist, holding me in place before placing a swift kiss on my cheek, making me blush beetroot red.

"Ew morning breath move move mo-move", I got off his lap and sat on my seat.

"Not what you said last night", he teased smugly.

"How can you have morning breath last night genius?"

"Whatever", Xavier glared and pouted out the window.

Rolling my eyes, I reached over and attempted to place a kiss on his cheek before he turned around, swiftly on time and pecked my lips instead.

"Do you want to hang out with me today afternoon?", I asked him considering its Saturday.

"Sure. It's not like I have choice anyway, right?" He arched a perfect brow at me.

"You learn fast, pretty boy", I winked at him before starting the car.

"Book an appointment for an optician this afternoon", Xavier added.

"What?", I glanced at him while reversing out on to the road.

"I'm taking you to get your eyes checked...You said I'm pretty", Xavier narrowed his eyes at me because his toxic masculinity suffered a blow.

Ignoring him, I drove and dropped him at the run down gym before ordering him to be ready on time.

As I neared my home, I saw the guards rush all together towards my car with panicked expressions.

"Miss! Where were you? Mr White almost had our heads on a platter when he realised you weren't home yesterday. He even sent out a search party!", Brian yelled as I lowered a window for him.

"Where's dad?"

"In his office Miss, being there the whole day yesterday."

"Open the gate and get out of my way", I closed the window in his face and drove the car into the garage before handing the keys to the butler and making my way in to dad's office.

"Daddy where are you?", I called out.

"You're safe!", He hugged me into his arms as he appeared from behind the desk.

"Of course I'm safe. Why wouldn't I be safe?", I questioned while pulling out of his embrace.

"I- nevermind. All that matters is you're safe. Now that brings me to the question, where were you last night!?", He gave me his best 'I'm-pissed' face.

"Out. Now if you excuse me daddy I got to go freshen up",,I tried to walk out the door but he stopped me.

"Oh no young lady. From now on you don't get to stay 'out' as you wish. You're to go anywhere and everywhere with Brian and another guard with you at all times" I examined dad's face to see if he was joking but he was dead serious.