46~ Xavier Russo

Fuck! The stupid no kicking rule!

The referee raced towards Lionel on the floor and tried shaking him to get him up while I internally prayed. If he doesn't wake up, I can kiss everything goodbye.

Thankfully the dude opened his eyes and stood on his feet while rubbing the side of his head. The referee had two points deducted from me after he had finished yelling my ear in.

Just as the fight was about to begin again, the bell rang ending the first bout. Removing my gloves, I took out the mouth guard and walked over to Bella while smiling at the inscriptions on the gloves.

"You can take the beast out of illegal fighting but not take the illegal fighting out of the beast"

"Shut up Damien. He's The Black Eye not The Beast", Bella smacked Damien on the head and glared at him.

"Nah that's too much of a mouthful, from now on he's The Beast. The manager decides the name kiddo."

"You're not his manager yet so shut your pie hole!"

"I don't actually mind being called the beast. 'Beauty and the beast' you know...", I trailed off and winked at mia Bella.

"Tsk Tsk. Her power's potent. She's already made you a sappy fucker", Damien scrunched his face at me, while Bella glared at the side of his face.

Before Bella could melt Damien's  head in with her 'force', the referee hollered me back to the ring. Putting my mouth guard back on, I was about to glove my fists when Bella took my hands in hers and did it for me.

Leaning up on her toes, she pecked my cheek and whispered in my ear,
"You got this"

"Ew! PDA", Damien made a disgusted face at us and continued, "Also...a little tip, just because kicks and certain punches are banned doesn't mean you can't fake one. Hashtag just saying", Damien grinned at me while I got the idea of what he was insinuating.

I got to the ring and stood in formation as the referee signalled the start of the second bout. Right when the bell rang, Lionel uppercutted me and caught me off guard.

Staggering back, I winced in pain but bit through it as I corkscrew punched him. He got a big cut on his collarbone, where I punched him and bled out. Grasping his collar, he attempted to counter punch me but I covered up and counter hooked him in the jaw before backpedaling.

Lionel got ticked off as he began throwing a set of aggressive punches my way, which I had to go out my way to avoid. Ducking, shifting, backpedaling and covering up didn't seem to burn him out as he kept on throwing continuous sets of aggressive punches my way.

Having had enough I reeled back my foot and faked a kick, internally laughing seeing the smirk adorning Lionel's face disappear as my fist smashed into his left cheek.

Lionel's face swerved to the right as more blood oozed from the cut he has on his jaw. Spitting out his mouth guard covered in blood, Lionel exaggerated the pain of the attack.

Drama queen.

The referee whistled and paused the fight, as I backed into my corner and leaned against the ropes.

"Wimp!", I heard Bella shout in the background followed by the sound of her being elbowed and said to 'shut up'. Internally smiling at my fiery girl, I shifted my attention back to the wimp on canvas.

"Get up. You spat the mouthpiece a minute after you got hit, insinuating you deliberately spat it for a rest. This is your first warning, get back to the fight", Referee warned Lionel and glanced at me before motioning for me to come back to the center of the ring.

Restarting the fight, I faked a right and hooked him in his gut as he coiled over, opening me the opportunity to power punch him on the head. Lionel staggered back as his head started bleeding. Pulling back my fists to myself, I was lowkey mad about the fact that my Venum Elites had stains of red blood on it.

Barelling forward I jabbed the coiled over Lionel while discreetly wiping his blood on my gloves off on his chest.

Lionel straightened himself as I shifted on my feet and tried to hook him, but he quickly swerved right and counter punched me, knocking me off balance and on to the canvas.

I quickly stood upright before the referee can start counting but what I didn't expect was to fall back down when Lionel hooked my leg and simultaneously landed a power punch on my head.

Feeling dizzy, I was unable to open my eyes, thanks to the minir concussion. But from the distant I could hear a faint count of three, four, five. Struggling to sit up, I tried to open my eyes as the count continued...six, seven, eight

"I swear I'll drop your ass if you don't stand up right now!", I heard Bella's voice loud and clear as I opened my eyes and sprang up on wobbly feet as the referee stopped at nine

Shifting my feet, I steadied myself as a bleeding and exhausted looking Lionel barelled towards me. Reeling back my fist, I first bolo punched and then uppercutted him before clinching and driving a set of continuous punches to his side.

The referee pulled us apart as Lionel panted against the ropes. Right when he steadied himself, I used all my stored energy and drove into his gut a fierce combo punch, which initially had him coiling over and kneeling before eventually he kissed the canvas as he knocked out.

The referee began counting and he made no signs of movement, except for an occasional grunt which indicated he's alive.

"Seven...eight...nine...TEN!"

"And the winner is Xavier Russo", The referee held my gloved right hand up as Bella squealed and cheered beside a Damien hiding underneath the coat of his tux.

The coaches spoke and told me putting aside the illegal moves,  there was a lot of error in my techniques and they were not as sharp and clean as they should. They also said since I have the stamina, strength and age, with a couple of training sessions, I'd be able to go full professional and fight internationally. After all that yabbering they finally said the words I've been dieing to hear...

"You're recruited. Bring all the documents required to finalise the deal and sign the contract tomorrow"

And just like that, I got myself a job. Bella screamed and cheered for me, not giving a flying fuck about the grimacing coaches as she raced to the ring and hugged me, blood, sweat and all...

Pulling back, I spat my mouth guard on to the canvas and thanked the referee and coaches  before leaving the ring with Bella

"Thank you", I pecked my girl's lips

"For?", she tilted her head at me.

"Everything. I love you mia Bella", I held my lucky charm tightly.

"I love you too Xav", she kissed me and pulled back when she heard Damien clearing his throat in the background.

"Welcome to the WBA, my Beast", Damien grinned outstretching his hand towards me.

"Your Beast!? He's mine!", Bella narrowed her eyes at him

"Pshht shore", Damien reeled back his unshaken hand, threw it around my shoulder and pulled me away from Bella.

"Now I need you to bring your passport, social security number, birth certificate and a pen for tomorrow's contract signing. Capishe?"

Before I could reply, Bella squeezed herself between us and pushed Damien away to wrap her arms around me possessively, making me chuckle and peck her lips.

"Get a room!", Damien scrunched his face at us and yelled, "be here on time for the signing tomorrow" before walking out.

"You did it!", Bella beamed up at me.

"We did it", I swooped low and kissed her once again as I placed my arms around her neck.