14~ Xavier Russo

"Mr Russo, You are expected in my office right now" The Principal halted us in our steps.

Before I could speak Bella butted in.
"What! What for?"

"Miss White I'm afraid as he was involved in the fight, there are consequences. He sent 5 boys to the hospital! Their parents are not happy"

"He defended me! How come-"

"Bella stop", I cut her off

"But they-"

"Violence cannot be solved with violence Miss White, I can't let this slide", This time the principal cut her off, by now Bella is going red in the face with anger.

"Would you stop interrupting me! I'm not letting him be punished for coming to my aid! I don't give shit if those jerks parents are happy or not, I will not let this go!", she screamed at the principal making me tighten my hold on her hand and her pull her to face me.

"I said stop! I don't want you pulling strings for me! I don't want you holding that over my head! I didn't fight them just for you, if it was any other girl in that position I would've done the same, so get off your high horse and let me deal with my shit." I removed my hand from hers and walked in the direction of the principal's office leaving her behind.

In the office, Principal Jenkins directed me to sit in the chair facing her.
"Mr Russo I'm sure you're aware of why you're sitting here right now"

"What kind of dumb question is that?", She knows that I know why I'm here, she just spoke to me in the hallway five minutes ago.

"Don't you get smart with me young man! I'm having enough of that with Miss white. What I mean is, you did break a prominent school rule, no matter the intention it is still rule breaking therefore you leave me with no choice but to suspend you for a week starting today"

I nodded in response and got up to walk away but her irrelevant yapping made me stop.

"I gave the same punishment to the other four boys involved in the fight considering they were not directly involved in assaulting Miss White and just like you tried to defend their friend", The woman continued rambling.

"Are you done?"

"Yes Mr Russo, I am done." She narrowed her eyes at me.

I was about to open the door and walk out when the door bust open in my face.

"You cannot suspend him!"

"Coach Derek, what is the meaning of this?", Principal Jenkins shot up from her chair

"If you suspend him, all hopes of us winning the football semi's will be gone in the water. The tiniest sliver of hope we have in winning this thing is him", Coach pointed at me with his thumb making me role my eyes.

"But he-", The principal started only to be cut off by the coach.

"I swear I'll quit if you suspend him today. After 15 years of working in the God forsaken school, we finally have made it to the Semi's and actually have a chance at winning it! Therefore I'm not letting you suspend our star player right now and not to mention you already expelled captain of the team!", Coach narrowed his eyes at the principal making her fall back on to her chair with exasperation.

"Go, just go. Do whatever the fuck you want. I'm done", The principal sweared making me arch my eyebrows in amusement.

"Am I still-", I am confused as to what my situation is right now

"No. Just go play the damn game, I'll then decide what to do with you. At least I'll be off the hook with Miss white", She muttered the last part under her breath and started rubbing her temples.