13~ Natalie White

"You were wrong!", I yelled at at the hooded figure of Xavier just as he arrived at his locker.

"And you're back. Hallelujah!", He pushed me away and opened his locker.

"You-you manipulating son of a bastard! Do you even know how many medical tests I had to get done yesterday?", I fumed at his nonchalant self

"Enlighten me", he said as he closed the locker and started walking away.

"Because of you guilt tripping me yesterday, I went over to that stinking jail and bailed her dad out!", I ran with my heels clanking against the floor to catch up with his long strides.

"You did what?", he halted in his steps.

"I- I went over to the damn jail he was in and apologised on behalf our security team and said he was proven to not have stole anything and that he will be able to get a job in another security firm called MKF security. You know what that ungrateful bastard did?! He fucking spat on me! Like daughter like father, pathetic charity cases!"

Xavier clenched his teeth at 'charity cases' and scowled at me.
"I never told you to go and do that! Also how can I guilt trip a heartless bitch like you?"He started walking away again.

"Asshole!" I yelled before running behind him and entangling my arm in his.

"What the fuck are you doing?", he stopped and glared at me

"Unless you've forgotten, We're a couple now! Act like it!"

He clenched his teeth but didn't pull me off him as we walked into biology class together. We sat together and stared in opposite directions to avoid seeing the other more than we ought to.

The period dragged on with Miss Jonah explaining to us that the powerhouse of the cell is chloroplast.

My neck is purple and aching thanks to my loving ex and it took a whole bottle of concealer for me to slightly fade it. Imagine the shock my father had when he saw me arrive home yesterday.

It went like this...

*Flashback*
"Princess you're home! Help me with these signatures would you?"

"Uh daddy I don't think I can help you today I need to-", he swiftly turned to face me upon hearing me say no to helping him for the first time in his life.

"What is that on your neck!"

"Oh this? Remember Joshua my boyfriend? Well he's my ex now."

And just like that I repeated the entire incident to my fuming father, exaggerating even the tiniest bit of detail. Then came the call to principal Jenkins...

"Jenkins!", My father barked on to the phone

"What the fuck is going on in your school? My daughter comes home with a hand shaped purpling bruise on her neck and you dare say everything is fine? Expel the boy Joshua and do whatever is fit for his minions before I shut down that pathetic excuse of school building kids with loose morals! Don't you dare step foot in my house till you sort this mess out! Now if you excuse me I gotta take my daughter to the fucking doctor!"

*End of flashback*

I shook myself remembering my father's wrath that day. i don't think I've ever seen him that pissed.

My neck started aching badly, reminding me to take the medication the doctor prescribed to me. Reaching into my bag, I grabbed the tablets and downed it with my water. And started lightly rubbing my neck to ease the pain.

"Don't rub", Xavier's voice called out.

"Huh?"

"You shouldn't rub a bruise genius", he pulled my hand away from my neck.

"It aches genius", I retorted as I tried rubbing my neck again only to be stopped by him.

Before I could complain, he reached into his bag and gave me a pain relief patch which had me staring up at him confusedly.

Taking the patch back from my hand, he ripped the packet open and pulled me closer to place the patch on my neck.

"There you go, it'll help", he smoothed it out and leaned back.

"Why do you carry pain relief patches in your bag?", I arched a brow at him.

"No problem, you're welcome" he retorted sarcastically as he yawned and stretched enabling me to gaze at how his muscles stretched deliciously.

It was then that I noticed the pain relief patch peeking through his collarbone. Leaning towards him I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down to me, startling him.

As I stared into his face, I pulled the hood of shirt down and gasped at the sight of bruised and slightly crooked nose with an almost fresh cut in the center.

"How did this happen? And now don't tell me it was when you beat up Joshua and his minions yesterday noon. I mostly definitely checked and you didn't even have a scratch back then!"

"Mind your own business Bella", he pulled himself out of my grasp and threw the hood back on.

Reaching into my purse I took out an hello kitty bandaid and pulled him back down by his hood and forcefully pasted the bandaid on the cut on his nose.

"What the-", he started but i cut him off

"One for one", I winked at him while pointing at the patch on my neck.

He rolled his eyes at me in response and got up when the bell rang.

I cleared my throat, gaining his attention.
"Are you forgetting something?"

He groaned before extending me his elbow to hold on to. We walked the down hallway with people staring and muttering things about us. When we reached the lockers I let go of his hand and was about to go to my locker when I saw Joshua clearing out his.

As if a reflex, I backed behind Xavier and gripped his black tee in my fists. Not that I'm scared on anything but Joshua looked hella pissed punching the locker and all, I mean the man did choke me once...I wouldn't put it past him to do it again since he got nothing to loose either now.

Xavier didn't say anything as he removed me from behind him and enclosed my hand in his tightly. He walked me to my locker and stood there next to me while I grabbed my stuff.

"You will pay for this, I'll kill you in your sleep Nat! One way or another. You better sleep with both eyes op-", Joshua threatened once he caught glimpse of me but he didn't get to finish his monologue as Xavier grabbed him by his neck and pinned him against a locker, his foot hanging off the ground.

"I'd like to see you try bitch", Xavier tightened his hold on Joshua making him go red in the face.

"L-let me go", he begged and coughed against Xavier's hold while students gathered around the scene.

"And that's what it feels like you son of a bitch!", I borrowed confidence from Xavier and spat in his face, not literally because I didn't want to waste anymore saliva on him.

"Mr Xavier let him go!", Principal Jenkins rushed on to the scene with the nurse and a few other teachers.

Quickly my glare shifted from Joshua to our dear Principal.
"O-or not", she added eyeing my fuming state while scenarios of what my father could do ran through her tiny head.

"Let him go Xavier. That should be enough to leave a bruise similar to mine on his neck", I intervened not wanting a murder to happen in the presence of so many witnesses.

"I want it to be twice as bad", Xavier gritted out.

"Twice as bad and he'll be dead. I'd rather have you by my side than in a jail so now let him go!"

I heard a aww or some bullshit in the direction the nurse in and chose to ignore it for her sake.

Xavier finally let Joshua drop on the floor with a thud before grabbing my hand and walking away with me in the direction of our next class, the crowd of students parting to make way for us.