Chapter 20

Day 47

"Do you think it was just a coincidence?" Tsukishima asks aloud.

"I don't know...maybe that used up a lot of strength of hers." My mother's voice comes after.

Maybe that's it. Ever since that day I was able to communicate with Tsukishima, I haven't been able to move my fingers again.

"Maybe." Tsukishima mumbles.

My head hurts. I feel fuzzy.

Wait, where am I again?

Right, right. The hospital. I was hit.

This has been happening a lot the past couple of days. I keep forgetting things. This hasn't happened before, and to be honest it scares me.

Maybe I should just sleep it off.

~

"-and then I finally blocked that bastard. Mei, when I tell you it felt so good."

I open my eyes, staring at the boy sitting next to my bed.

He keeps going on for a while, writing in some notebook. I stare at him the whole time, eyebrows furrowed. Am I imagining things again?

"I wish you were ther- oh shit!" I flinch once he looks at me and screams.

I slowly sit up, my body aching.

"Am I awake?" I mumble to myself.

I've imagined getting up and going places so many times, I can't tell if this is real. I'm so focused on poking every part of my body, that I forget about the guy in the room.

Well, until he attacks me in a hug.

"Mei, you're awake." He notes, squeezing the life out of me.

He pulls away for a second, but just to press his lips against mine. Ah...I missed this. We stay like this for a while, basically making out with each other.

He pulls away and cups my cheek, tears filling his eyes.

"I love you. I love you so much. Tell me how many times I should say it, I'll say it that many times I promise. Please say it back. I won't cut you off this time. Mei I'm so sorry." He gulps, kissing me once more and not giving me the chance to respond.

I reel back, chuckling awkwardly.

"U-Um...who are you?" I blink. This isn't what I want to say. But...I have to.

His expression turns shocked and his hands that are on my face tense up.

"Mei, i-it's me. Tsukishima." He searches my eyes. "Y-You don't remember me? I'm your boyfriend." I put my hands over his, and remove them from my face.

"Sorry...I don't- um. P-People don't like me. You can't be my boyfriend." I shake my head slowly. "W-Where's my mom? I want my mom."

He stares at me for a minute, before nodding.

"I'll call her right now." He says quietly, standing up.

He grabs his phone from my bed and walks over to the window, looking out it as he makes the call. He begins to talk quietly, and I try to stretch out my limbs. Why am I still hooked up to so many things?

I feel so stiff. I hate this feeling. I really want to stretch. I look at my hands again and examine them. They're thinner than before, but they're still not perfect. I remember hearing something about losing a lot of weight.

I wish they didn't pump my stomach.

"So, your mother is coming right over. She went to go pick up your father again." Tsukishima says, but he doesn't come back over to me. He continues to stare out the window, wiping his face every couple of seconds.