Chapter 2

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Can be heard around the classroom as the teacher put up our new seating arrangement.

"Tsukishima-Kun, watch your language. Hurry up and go sit with your partner." Sensei glares at him.

Why? Why does it have to be me? Why can't I sit alone? Every time I ask, and every time Sensei says no. This is just a free pass for someone to talk shit about me and complain the entire time.

"Tsukki, good luck!"

"Shut up Yamaguchi."

I keep my head down, my hands on my desk are shaking. Why him? Anyone but him, please. I've never even talked to him before but he's already upset he has to sit with me. The desk that was pushed against mine, is suddenly being pulled further away.

"I don't want to catch anything from you." He sneers, sitting down in the chair with a sigh. I stay quiet, putting my shaky hands underneath my desk in my lap.

"Hello? Debu? Are you mute all of a sudden?" He raises an eyebrow, looking at me.
(A/n: Debu is a word that means fatso, fat, obese, chubby etc. It's a mean nickname. Debu debu means extremely obese, which will be used later)

"No." I say quietly, keeping my eyes glued to my desk.

"You should speak up with people are talking to you, and look people in the eyes. God, you people really are fucking stupid." He groans, facing forward.

You people. Fat people. That's all anyone sees when they look at me.

"I'm sorry." I say once again, my voice low and soft.

"Look, as long as you don't look at me, breathe next to me, or talk to me for the rest of the time I have to fucking sit next to you, we'll be be fine." He says and I just nod.

"Fucking hell Debu, when someone tells you something you say 'okay'. Are you that dense? This is a smart people class, why are you here?" He grits out and I flinch at his words.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologize and I hear him scoff.

"Yeah right."

And that was the end of the conversation. For the rest of the day, I didn't look at him, or talk to him. I even made sure that my breathing was extra quiet, which resulted in me feeling a little light headed a few times.

As soon as the bell rings, I shove my things into my bag and rush out of the classroom. Right before I walk out, I catch a glimpse of Tsukishima's face. He looks so annoyed.

I wish I didn't annoy people with my presence. I wish Karasuno wasn't filled with a bunch of bullies. I wish I was pale and stick thin like the rest of the girls.

"Debu-Chan!" I hear the horrible nickname everyone calls me. I clutch onto the strap of my bag, pretending like I didn't hear. "Hey!" The girl steps in front of me, making me stop in my tracks.

"Hello." I say, slightly bowing my head.

"Are you deaf? What's wrong with you." Nami, one of the meanest girls I've ever encountered, glares at me. "Ugh, does the fat block your ears too? Do me a favor and take this to the boys volleyball gym, you can use the exercise." She said and shoves a pair of shoes at me.

"W-Who do I say they're for?" I ask, keeping my gaze on the ground.

"They'll know. Stop asking questions and hurry up. Maybe you'll be able to lose a pound if you run." She sneers, walking past me.

I don't get it. I've never done anything to anybody.

I hold the shoes in my hand, looking down at my uniform and seeing it got dirty because of them. Ugh, I have to go into the gym like this.