Chapter 9

"Tsukishima let me have it!" I grin, reaching my arm up, trying to reach the card in his hand. Apparently, the volleyball team gave him something to give to me.

"You have to work for it." He teases. I put a hand on his chest, giggling as I jump for the card. He's so damn tall.

Oh, but I have an idea.

I double over, my face twisting to one of pain.

"Ow." I cry, and Tsukishima quickly stops, bending down at my level, his face full of worry.

"Are you okay? You said you weren't in pain anymore, why did you lie?" He guides me to my bed and sits me down. He puts the card down and lifts my face. "Do you want something? I can run to the store, maybe I should go down to get Advil?"

"No, it's fine. I just- I really want..." I look up at him, pouting. "this card!" I quickly grab it, putting it behind my back, laughing. He stares at me in shock for a minute before crossing his arms.

"I thought you were serious." He glares at me.

"It's been like, 2 and a half weeks. I'm just about back to normal." I smile, extending my arm and poking his side. "Don't be mad at me."

"Yeah, yeah. Just open the card." He rolls his eyes.

I put the card in front of me, opening the envelope and pulling out the actual card inside. The front is blank, but I open it and a small picture falls out. There's a bunch of writing on it, so I decide to read it first.

"Yucchan! I hope you're doing better! Come visit us soon :)
- Hinata Shōyō"

"Get better
-Kageyama"

"Hi Yuna-San!
I hope you're doing well. You're strong, so I know you'll heal quickly!
-Sugawara Kōshi"

"Hello Yuna-Sam,
Are you well? Text me if you need anything at all, or even just a friend (:
~ Azumane Asahi"

I smile, continuing to read each of the Karasuno Boys Volleyball Team's messages. When I'm finished, I look at the photo that fell out. It's of them, holding their fists up like they're fighting, hosting bright smiles on all of their faces. All except Tsukishima, who's just standing there. A sweet laugh escapes my lips, and I look up at him.

"This is really cute. You should have smiled, you look miserable. Don't like me?" I tease, and a red tint covers the tips of his ears.

"The pose was silly. I would never do that." He scoffs. I stand up, setting the card on my desk and getting some tape from my drawer. I roll some of it, and press it to the back of the picture, then position it on my wall.

"Tadaa!" I gesture to it, smiling.

"Sorry the card is a little late, everyone kept forgetting because of our games. I kept telling them, but..." He trails off, and I sit on the bed again.

"It's fine. I'm happy that they sent something at all. Though... you didn't write anything in the card." I pout, and he chuckles.

"Do I really have to though?" He tilts his head. He gets on his knees, crawling to me and essentially forcing me to lay down on my back as he hovers over me. "You're so different now." He mumbles, looking at me.

"Oh? How so? I have been working out since the bruising has gone down." I smile up at him and he laughs.

"That's not what I meant. You just... you're the complete opposite of a month ago. You look at me when we talk, you're not soft spoken with me anymore- which I'm grateful for because I like hearing your voice- you're not gluing your eyes to the floor, you smile a lot, you laugh a lot..." He bites his lip, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose. "You just seem so happy now. I like seeing you like this. Your attitude rubs off on me."