Chapter 25

"I had a lot of fun tonight. I can't believe you proposed on our first date!" We look at each other as we begin to approach my house.

I jump in front of him, holding both his hands as I walk backwards.

"I already said, it wasn't a proposal." He rolls his eyes, grinning. "And if you say I proposed on the first date, people will think I'm desperate." He adds and I laugh.

I look at the house we're in front of and stop. This one is only about two houses down from mine. I wrap my arms around him and happily smile. He puts his arms around me as well, pulling me closer to him.

"I've never ever felt like how I feel right now. I feel...excited? No, it's more than that. I don't know how to explain it. It's really nice. Mei, I really..." He suddenly tenses, his gaze not on me anymore. "love..."

My smile slowly turns into a confused expression. His hold tightens on me and I tap on his shoulders.

"Tsukishima? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Mei...why-" He gulps. He clears his throat, talking much clearer now. "Why is there a moving truck in front of your house? W-Why are they putting your things in there?" He asks in a slight daze.

A frown comes over my face and I quickly get out of his grasp to turn around.

That's my desk they're loading into the truck.

And my bed! And my nightstand.

What is going on?

"T-Tsukishima. Let's go away." I say but he grabs my hand.

"Let's find out what's going on." He says, beginning to drag me towards my house.

This isn't going away!

Just as we approach the truck, my father comes storming out the house with my mother in tow.

"You can't do this! It isn't the right choice!" My mother frantically protests. My father turns around, looking at my mother for a minute before cupping her cheeks.

"Staying here isn't the right choice. And you know it, hunny. This house is beginning to gather bad memories. I don't want our daughter here either. Worse things have happened to her here than any other city we've been in. She was in a coma for crying out loud! Love, this is for the better. I promise." My father takes my mother into a hug, rubbing her back.

This is a dream.

This isn't actually happening.

Right?

"Tsukishima" I whisper, looking down to see that I'm gripping his shirt as if my life is in danger. I release it, tears streaming down my face. "I don't want to leave." My voice breaks and he begins to pull me again.

"Yuna-Sans." Tsukishima stops only when he's right in front of the two who pull out of their embrace.

"Tsukishima-Kun." My mother looks at the two of us, shocked. Her eyes stay on me and she gets tears in her eyes.

"You guys are moving?" Tsukishima asks, making my father nod.

"No, we can't move. This is our home." I say quickly, fiddling with my fingers.

"This place has been nothing but bad to us. I found another house." My father looks at me.

"That's not true! I love living here. I-I made friends! I'm happy!" I say desperately, my words beginning to get harder to understand due to my crying.

"When do you leave?" Tsukishima asks as I try to wipe away my tears. Why does he sound so calm? How can he not be freaking out?

"I'm hoping to be gone by late tomorrow night." My father says, not sparing me a glance.