Chapter 15

"I don't want you going anywhere, okay? Especially alone. Tsukishima's house is fine-"

"No it's not!" My father interrupts my mother, and she shoots him a look.

"Oh? Should the two of them only be here then? Alone? No parent whatsoever? Instead of a house where his mother or brother can be?" She crosses her arms, making my father go quiet. "Hmph. That's what I thought." She grins, turning her eyes back to me and Tsukishima.

"I've transferred money to your card already, and I bought groceries this morning. Please be safe, okay sweetie? I'll miss you so much." She takes me into her arms, and I hug her tightly.

"I'll miss you too. Both of you." I pout, and my father hugs me next.

"We love you, okay?" The two of them say in unison, going to the door and slipping their shoes on.

"Love you both." I smile, waving.

"Tsukishima." My father looks at the guy next to me. "Take good care of her, okay?" He says and Tsukishima nods.

"Of course."

"And please- ugh. Please use protection." My father says in disgust and my eyes widen.

"Dad!" I whine.

"I..." Tsukishima trails off, his cheeks burning red.

"Alright, see you two!" My mother giggles, pulling my father out. Tsukishima stands in front of me, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I've missed you these days." I mumble, looking up at him.

"I only haven't seen you in a week." He rolls his eyes, but I pout.

"Tsukishima...I know this is one sided, but you're really all I have." I look away from him, feeling awkward at spilling my true feelings. "Besides my parents, you're really the only person I get to talk to. And now both my parents have been going to work like usual- and with them leaving on a two week business trip...I just feel-" I cut myself off, sighing.

"You feel lonely?" He asks and I shrug.

"It's nothing important. Sorry to bother you, I know you're not really the type to care about conversations like this. And it's not like I haven't felt like this my whole life before I met you, I'm just complaining right now." I shrug, turning away from the boy.

"Hey..."

"You have to go back to school right now for practice, right? I shouldn't keep you any longer. Thank you for coming, it means a-" I cut myself off when I feel Tsukishima hug me from behind, holding me tight.

"I'll skip it. I'm sorry. I've been really tired since practices have been longer and I just go straight home to shower and sleep. I haven't texted you much either. I didn't mean to neglect you." He rests his head on my shoulder and I can feel the butterflies in my stomach do summersaults.

"It's okay, please don't skip practice." I somehow manage to turn around in his embrace. I wrap my arms around his shoulders, smiling up at him. "Nationals are coming up soon. Just come see me on a day you're free, okay? I'll wait." I say and the corners of his lips tug down.

"Nationals got pushed back a bit. I can go late to practice. Let's spend a few minutes together." He suggests and I cup his cheeks.

"You're already running late since you came here. Just...call me on your way home? How about that?" I ask and he purses his lips.

"Okay. Then I'll go now." He leans down and kisses me.

"Okay, have fun." I say once he pulls away. I grab his hand, walking to the front door. He slips on his shoes and turns to me.

"Lock the door once I close it, okay? Don't open it for anyone. Don't go outside-"

"Yes, yes. I got it, dad." I chuckle.

"I think you forgot two letters at the end of that last word." He says, smirking. A frown comes across my lips as I think.

What two letters can I add to dad? Dadda? Daddd...dadd...y!

A small gasp escapes my lips and Tsukishima bursts out laughing.

"I'm only joking." He smiles.

"G-Go to practice!" I stutter, my face turning red.

"Okay." He envelopes me into a hug once again.

"I'll miss you." I mumble into his chest.

"Me too, my sweet girl."

(This was just a filler chapter, so sorry that's it's literally 2 seconds long.

I think it's so cute how Tsukishima is so sweet with her rn ☹️ Everyone else tho he's like 🔪🔪as usual.

I wholeheartedly believe that if Tsukishima had a girlfriend he'd act like this with her and only her.