27

Before they knew it, days had passed once again in Tokyo and everyone was heading back to Seoul, fresh new memories planted in their heads for the rest of their lives

Choi Jaewon had never been happier. She finally had friends who would stick by her side no matter what, she had a boyfriend who liked her for who she was, this was a new year in school and so a fresh start is sure to take place.

She arrived at her house after waving Yeonjun goodbye and stepped inside only to be greeted by broken glass bottles and the smell of alcohol in the air.

The happy smile on Jaewon's face dropped as a cold expression took over.

❅ ❅ ❅

Choi Beomgyu had also arrived at his own house and was currently being hugged and kissed by his mother.

Once he finally pulled away, he ran upstairs to his room and took his phone out to call Jaewon.

When she didn't pick up, he frowned and tried one more time before deciding to just leave a text message saying tomorrow as noon they could meet near their favorite cafe after school.

Tossing his phone onto his bed, Beomgyu left to his bathroom and took a shower before coming back out, towel around his waist and hair dripping wet, traces of grey on the sides of his face.

He picked up his phone and was relieved when he saw that Jaewon replied. But, as soon as he opened it, his face expression turned troubled.

Jaewon

Beomgyu
Let's meet at our favorite cafe tomorrow at noon

Jaewon
I'm not free tomorrow, sorry

Beomgyu
Oh how about the day after?

Jaewon
I'm not free this whole week.

Beomgyu
Then when are you free?

Beomgyu
I missed you a lot and I wanted to see you as soon as possible

Jaewon
Next week Tuesday.

Jaewon
Noon at our favorite cafe, okay?

Beomgyu
okay...

Beomgyu sighed and switched his phone off before heading downstairs to eat, already missing Jaewon.

❅ ❅ ❅

Choi Jaewon thought Tuesday had arrived way to quickly and she was exhausted after all the part time work she had to complete due to her two week absence. Tuesday was her day off but now she regretted telling Beomgyu to meet her today since all she wanted to do was sleep all day.

But Jaewon couldn't bring herself to bail on him and a part of her longed to see Beomgyu too so she forced herself out of bed and started to get ready for the date.

Choi Beomgyu, on the other hand, thought Tuesday was taking too long to get here. When the day had finally arrived, he was already up and ready and left his house two hours earlier than he had originally planned.

Beomgyu arrived at the meeting spot early and Jaewon arrived a little late but close enough to the time they planned.

Beomgyu was quick to pull Jaewon closer and hug her, missing her immensely as she hesitantly wrapped her arms around him.

They stood in the hugging position in silence for a few moments before finally pulling away.

"Hey." Beomgyu breathed.

Jaewon smiled for the first time in a week.

"Hey." she replied, same way Beomgyu did.

Smiling widely, the boy held onto Jaewon's hand and they both walked into the cafe together, the waiter already bringing in their usual order as they used to come here often after school.

They each talked about their trips and funny moments, Jaewon purposely avoiding the part where Yeonjun had stripped his shirt and jumped into the pool in front of her and her response to it.

As time flew by, Jaewon found herself once again relaxed by the sound of Beomgyu's voice and the sight of his handsome face.

As Beomgyu talked about the one time he was pushed into the swimming pool by Jisoo, Jaewon unknowingly reached her hand forward and brushed back his grey hair.

Beomgyu stopped talking and glanced at her, eyes watching her every move through his overgrown bangs.

"How about we dye your hair black?" she finally said and then noticed Beomgyu staring at her.

Their eyes met and familiar feelings resurfaced, both faces turning red as they looked away from each other.

"Why not? We've been here for long enough anyway." Beomgyu finally answered before standing up.

He held his hand out which Jaewon took and Beomgyu paid at the counter before they left.

"Why don't you ever let me pay?" Jaewon muttered as they walked hand in hand to the place where they had first gone out together.

"Don't you know? It's necessary for the man to pay." Beomgyu smirked, puffing out his chest as Jaewon rolled her eyes.

"Still, you can't pay every single time we're together." she replied.

"Fine next time, you pay." Beomgyu offered, noticing her disappointed expression.

She smiled at him almost at once before swinging their arms. After a few minutes of silence, Beomgyu glanced down at their hands before sighing.

"Why don't you ever let me interlock our fingers." he asked.

Jaewon glanced at him and then his hand around hers before sighing.

"Interlocking fingers is something very special for me and I want to be absolutely sure you're the one I want to spend my life with before doing that." Jaewon answered truthfully.

Although she liked Beomgyu very much and was sure her feelings wouldn't budge, she was still uncertain if Beomgyu was really the person she wanted to be with for the rest of her life.

"Then I'll wait." Beomgyu said confidently and Jaewon chuckled.

"Wait a long time then." she teased.

Smiling, they held each other's hands, not interlocked but happy.