15

Choi Jaewon stepped into her house only to wince in pain as something stabbed itself into her foot

Choi Jaewon stepped into her house only to wince in pain as something stabbed itself into her foot. Darting herself backward, she rested her hand against the door frame and brought her foot up, examining the glass shard stuck into her skin now. Biting her lip, she carefully held onto the glass and pulled it out, eyes tearing up at the pain.

Dropping the glass, the girl placed her foot back on the ground and looked around the house, observing glass and broken bottles lying around from the kitchen to the living room. She walked forward, making sure to avoid any more glass as bloody footprints were left behind.

Entering the living room, she peeked inside to see her father passed out on the couch, three full bottles lying by his side. Sighing, Jaewon quietly walked upstairs to her room and threw her bag onto the bed, stretching her sore back before limping to her father's room to get a blanket.

After getting the material, she went back downstairs, letting out a string of curse words when she felt the stinging pain settle in her foot. After spreading out the blanket and laying it on her father, she grabbed the bottles and took them away, placing them on the kitchen table before grabbing a broom. Still limping in pain, she slowly but surely cleaned up everything, accidentally pricking her finger on another piece of glass as she did so.

Once there was no glass to be seen, Jaewon forced herself to move upstairs and take a shower, washing away the now dried blood on her body. Once she was done with that too, she changed into fresh clothes and grabbed her wallet, mentally thanking the world for not having a shift today as her foot hurt a lot now.

Giving one final glance to her still sleeping father, she put on sandals and left the house, needing bandages from the pharmacy store nearby for her still bleeding foot. Sighing, she glanced at her watch only to realize it was broken. Rolling her eyes, she pulled out her phone and saw that there was no battery. Cursing the world for her amazing luck, she angrily attempted to stuff the phone into her pocket but before she could, she crashed into a tall figure.

Gasping, both people fell onto the ground, Jaewon's only phone cracking as it met the ground.

"For fuck's sake!" the girl finally exploded, wincing as she forced herself to stand up.

"Oh! I'm so sorry-" the man who had bumped into her tried saying as he stood up but then stopped.

Their eyes met and both gasped again, automatically taking a step away from each other.

"Yeonjun!" Jaewon muttered out loud, startled by the appearance of the blue hair weirdo.

"Jaewon!" Yeonjun stuttered, smiling awkwardly.

Choi Yeonjun was screwed. He never ever wanted Jaewon to discover the fact he lived this close to her but wearing casual clothes and walking around this neighborhood was basically screaming it out.

but then he caught sight of her foot.

"Ya! Why are you bleeding?" he asked at once, crouching down to examine the girl's foot.