35

Choi Jaewon walked side by side Yeonjun as they both entered the hospital. Arriving at the room, they both went inside to see a weak and thin man lying on the bed, eating food assisted by a nurse.

At the sight of the two, the nurse gave a small bow before leaving.

Silence passed for a few seconds before Jaewon's father finally smiled.

"Hey Jae." he whispered softly.

"Hi dad." Jaewon breathed out, a little relieved he could still recognize and talk to her.

She indicated Yeonjun so step forward and they both stood by the bed.

"Is this the boy you're always talking about? What was his name B..Beo..Beomgyu?"

At the sound of Beomgyu's name, Jaewon's face turned cold, which her father noticed at once.

"What did he do?" he asked angrily.

No one could hurt his precious princess after all.

"It doesn't matter, we aren't together anymore." Jaewon replied.

Another few seconds of silence passed as Jaewon tried calming herself down. When Yeonjun noticed this, he stepped closer to her and held onto her hand, gently tapping his index finger against her thumb.

Jaewon instantly calmed.

This action didn't go unnoticed by Jaewon's father who felt at once that Yeonjun was a good man.

"So who are you?" he finally asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm Choi Yeonjun sir, Jaewon's friend." Yeonjun quickly introduced himself, bowing and feeling a little nervous.

At the word 'friend', Jaewon's father raised his eyebrows but didn't say anything.

"Nice to meet you." Yeonjun muttered, hoping the girl's father liked him.

"Hey! We're here too you know!" a sudden voice called and 4 boys stumbled into the room.

A smile formed on Jaewon's face, which also didn't go unnoticed by her father, as the rest of TXT fell into the room.

The members bowed at once to greet Jaewon's father who simply chuckled.

"And who are all of you?"

❅ ❅ ❅

"Right how about sleepover at my house?" Taehyun asked as the group walked.

They had all spent a few hours at the hospital talking with Jaewon's father and reliving old memories. It had been fun to hear Jaewon's most embarrassing childhood moments.

"Yes! I want to!" Soobin grinned, arm over Jaewon's shoulder.

Jaewon tilted her head, facing Taehyun.

"Sure." she replied.

"I'm down." Yeonjun answered but his eyes were fixed on Soobin and Jaewon.

Taehyun noticed this and gave a silent laugh before glancing at their maknae.

"I'll ask my mom." he sighed.

Turns out, Huening Kai's mom was fine with it so everyone headed to Taehyun's house. Surprisingly, it was nearby and so the group was there in no time.

"I'm home!" Taehyun called as everyone streamed into his almost mansion looking house.

"Rich." Jaewon scoffed and Taehyun gave her a cheeky grin.

"How do you think we went to Japan?" he asked.

Everyone already knew Taehyun was the richest among them. As his parents were constantly traveling for their business, Taehyun usually lived in this huge mansion by himself but he was very mature for his age and was trusted to stay alone.