44

"What the actual hell?" Jaewon whispered under her breath, eyes widened in shock and a gasp leaving her mouth.

There were exactly 103 emails from school, friends, and other stuff regarding financial problems.

2 weeks

That was how long she had left her phone and computer turned off.

2 weeks

That was how long Jaewon had spent alone in her house, afraid.

In only 2 weeks, Jaewon was a completly different person. In only 2 weeks, Jaewon had 103 emails.

With a loud and annoyed sigh, Jaewon rested her back against the couch and closed her eyes, feeling the warmth on her face, before getting up again and grabbing her computer.

With another sigh, she began to read all 103 emails.

❅ ❅ ❅

"She's not coming?" Soobin asked, a sad expression settled on his face.

"She doesn't ever step out of her house. I don't know how she's doing, I don't know if she needs something, I don't know anything!" Yeonjun exclaimed, nodding as he threw his hands in the air.

With an exaggerated sigh, he dropped his head on his desk and closed his eyes, half annoyed and half upset.

"Yeonjun calm down. We need to give her space and time." Taehyun sighed, placing a hand on the older's back in an attempt to comfort him.

Huening Kai groaned, burying his face in his hands as he tried to hold back his emotions.

Everyone missed Jaewon.

❅ ❅ ❅

Dear Jaewon,

I understand you are dealing with grief and pain over your father's passing and I give you my full condolence. I'm sorry something so cruel happened to you at such a young age.

But, rules are still rules and I must ask you to return to school. As this is your final year, it is important you study hard so that you can get accepted a good university which can later allow you to get a good job and earn money.

Once again, I understand you are grieving but you mustn't forget your responsibilities. Of course, our counselors and staff are prepared to help you if you need anything so please do not hesitate to ask us.

Hope to see you in school again soon!

From
Principal Kim

Jaewon rolled her eyes, deleting the last email that had been unread before slumping against the couch again.

She looked up at the clock and sighed when she saw how late it was.

Putting down the computer and turning it off, Jaewon stood up and walked upstairs to her room, almost dragging herself as she did so.

Her stomach groweled in hunger as Jaewon hadn't eaten anything for a while but she made no attempt to get food.

Guess I'm not eating dinner again...

Finally arriving at her bedroom, Jaewon practically fell onto her bed, curling up against her pillow and grabbing her blanket, pulling it closer towards her.

It was cold, the whole room was cold. Nothing but the constant ticking of a clock somewhere in the house could be heard.

No laughter from her mom, no snoring from her dad, no bottles breaking, no angry shouts, no happy comments.

There was nothing.

Only the constant ticking of that damn clock.

Jaewon shivered and closed her eyes tighter, a small tear tracing down her cheek as she pulled the blanket over her head, creating complete absolute darkness.

Jaewon was lonely.

all over again