Through the Windshield

I wake to my head hurting and my hand throbbing in pain form healing wrong. Looking around my cave, I see blood on the walls where I punched yesterda with my hand being bloody too.

Yawning, I then jump in the water, the cold water wakes me up. Swimming through the cave. I get to the lake. Swimming to the shore. I get out.

Using my fire gift, I dry myself off. Seeing that it's now dark out. I walk through the forest to my house.

Walking through the door, quietly. I grab my keys, and walk to my camaro. Sliding in, I start it and reverse to the road out my driveway.

I just drive around, not having a destination in mind. The road is illuminate the dark road.

I see a car on the wrong side of the road. Getting on the other side, the car follows. It slams headfirst into my car.

I fly through the windshield, over the car, onto the road. I feel my ribs braking from landing on the rock.

I feel my right leg crack and a stabbing pain on my face from what I'm guessing is glass in my skin.

I hear footsteps before I'm picked up. I scream in pain as my broken bones are moved.

I'm thrown in a cage in a white van. I lay in the cage, not moving from the pain. I black out as I see two guys with heavy guns getting in the back.

The next time I wake up, I'm chained 5o a chair and table. My ankles are chained to the floor and my wrists are chained to the table.

Looking around the room. There's just one light bulb hanging above me that illuminates me and the table. That the other side, I see a man with light brown hair and brown eyes. He has a burn scar on his cheek.

"The little fairy finally wakes." His voice is gruff.

I don't respond. Analyzing the situation I'm in. "Mau. He's a tricky one."

How does he know Mau? What does Mau has to do with the situation I'm in? What does Mau have to do with my kidnapping?

"You see, Mau thought that if he didn't accept you that we wouldn't go after you. He thought that he could keep you safe. It was fun watching him slowly kill his mate."

I don't say anything. Shocked about what I was just told. All this time, he was trying to keep me safe.

The man stands, walking over to a table that I didn't notice with devices on it. "We killed his whole family and coven eight years ago. It was fun watching his coven and family burn to the ground as we shot ash bullets at them."

Poor Mau. He lost his whole family and witch coven to witch hunters. Then he stays away from me to keep me safe.

"Now we are going to hurt him more!" The man laughs crazily as he grabs a knife. Stepping towards me, he raises his knife. Stabbing me in the leg.

I bite my tongue to keep my scream. The man smirks, as he takes the knife and twist it. The pain becomes unbearable. Blood pours from my wound.

"That's it for now." And he walks out. Leaving me in the illuminated dark.