Set Me Aflame

Walking down the empty corridor, red lockers on each side, teachers' doors closed, there's no one in the halls, I'm the only one. The lights flicker as I walk. It's silent, but for the sound of my shoes hitting the floor. Just the way I like it. .

I walk to the end of the hall to a door with designs of books and quotes from books. Opening the colorful door, I see Mrs. Cod, the librarian, sitting behind her desk, reading a book.

She's a tall lady with blue eyes hidden behind glasses, her hair is white, and cut short. She's 64 years old and still beautiful. I love hearing her stories from when she was a child.

She sees me, smiling at me, she greets me good morning. I nod my head in acknowledgment.

Walking to the back of the library to my favorite section. To what humans refer to as fiction.

Seeing my favorite series. Harry Potter. I grab the first book. Sitting down against the wall. I start reading.

I'm so absorbed in the book that I didn't even hear the bell ring. A touch on my shoulder has me jumping.

Looking into the blue eyes of Ms. Cod, she smiles down at me. "Kiel, the bell rung. Would you like to check out that book?"

I nod standing up. Walking behind her. She gets behind her desk. I hand her the book and she checks it out.

Wishing her a good day, I walk to my first period class that is AP Calculus. I get to the class right on time.

I walk to the back of the room by the window. Looking around the room, I see the pack slut, Destiny, trying to get into Mr. Cralle's pants.

She's a dyed blonde, with brown eyes and a make up caked face. She's tall and very skinny.

She's pathetic hitting on a mated man. But she does that even to the other male teachers. She does it even to my mate.

I remember when she hit on Mau once. I slapped her and called her a whore. Then I slapped Mau and stormed away.

He didn't do anything when she did, that is what pissed me off and made me slap him. What pissed me off is that he didn't do anything, that's what made me slap him.

Mr. Cralle tells her to get in her sit, then he starts teaching. I don't pay attention. Just looking out the window.

This goes on for all my classes. I don't pay attention in any of my classes. When the bell finally rings, I run out of my Government class, to my 1969 red camaro.

I open my door, sliding onto my black seat. Not waiting of Zenith, I drive out of the student parking lot.

I drive towards the club in town. I play every Thursday at the The Love, Lust, Run. It's where local bands play. My band, Set Me Aflame, is the top band that plays here. I get pay $300 dollars along with my bandmates.

Pulling into the parking lot. I park and cut off my car. Getting out, I lock the doors. Walking to the back of the building. I see the Bouncer, Mike.

He opens the door for me. Thanking him, I step in. Walking I see my bandmates, Quinn the base guitar, Levi the electric guitar, Asha on the drums, and Millen my screamer. You can guess that I'm the vocals.

Quinn has long black hair and hazel eyes. He's tall and skinny. Levi also has long black hair and brown eyes. Asha has her pink and green hair in a mohawk. She has pretty hazel blue eyes. And Millen has blue hair and brown eyes.

They see me walking towards them. Asha looking like she wants to tell me some thing, running to me, she jumps on me. Wrapping her legs and arms around me.