1.5

{2578 words}

[Recap]

[Gilberts POV]

As I get ready for bed I smile at the flower sitting on my desk that y/n gave me. It's a small white flower but it still looks elegant. The way y/n looked happy the whole time, does she truly have feelings for me? I should get some sleep now though, at least I'll see her on Monday.

('̀-'́)

[Gilbert's POV]

"You know what I-" My Father starts saying.

"Oh, Can I get you something?" I ask him, my thoughts creep up on me, I know he isn't getting better but I wish he would.

"You know... what was the best thing about getting sick? Traveling west again." He looks at me.

"I'll fetch you both some tea" Mrs. Kincannon tells us as she walks out.

"The Train. God, I love a train. And those Rocky Mountains..." I can tell in his eyes he truly loved the short trip.

"They're amazing."

"Did my heart good. It's a big world, son. Remember that." Even though he isn't in the best situation he still holds so much wisdom, like a free or young soul.

[Later during the day]

I'm chopping wood when I hear someone calling me.

"Gilbert! Gilbert!" I hear Ms. Kincannon yell and I race towards her.

[At the Graveyard, The day of the funeral]

[Y/n's POV]

"Let not your heart be troubled. Ye believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; for where I am, there ye may be also."

The minister says. I'm not listening much to his words. My eyes are focused on Gilbert. His face is expressionless. I know he's hurting but I'm not sure if there's much I can do, nothing I say or do will help Gilbert through this rough time, maybe some space would do him good, let him clear his head and grief.

[Later at the Blythe house]

Gilbert never came back to the house after the funeral. I don't think I should go and find him, if he needed comfort or anything I know he would come. I know he's hurting and maybe leaving him to heal on his own is the best for him.

Everyone is in the house talking and Rachel is talking to Marilla but Marilla looks quite out of it, I do recall my mother telling me that her and John Gilbert were rather close when they were younger. As I'm sitting inside, I turn my head at the sound of the door, I can tell it's Anne as I see her red hair before she sprints out the door. I look out the window to see what she's doing and I see Gilbert upset, I don't think this will end well. Should I go outside, Anne has never been the best at wording what she means so I'm not sure if I should stay in or go. I'll go for Gilbert's Sake.