2.1

{728 Words}

[Y/n's POV]
It's autumn now, Gilbert still hasn't wrote to me. It's been 8 months and still not a single word from him. Since he hasn't wrote to me, I have no idea how he's been or what he's been up to, I don't even know where he is right now.

[In the steamer at night]

[Gilbert's POV]
"That if I did not kiss the girls, my lips would grow all moldy" I sing as I get ready to lie down.

"Two days of this. Fireman's not the only one who don't appreciate that song." I hear Bash say.

"I was just joking around."

"Well, don't."

"You're right, you're right, Fireman is an easy target." I joke.

"That's not why." Bash says sternly.

"What's eating you?" I question him with a confused expression.

"I been trimmer for 10 years. More. This is all I have. I can't move up, this is it for me. And there ain't nothin' for me on dry land. You're a white boy... You got options. You're a tourist, Blythe. I need this. Don't lose this work for me. Understand?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm sorry." I don't talk anymore and it's quiet for a second until Bash opens his mouth.

"And you don't sing worth a damn." Bash says breaking the ice.

"Says you!" I say before we both start laughing.

[At the Shack in the woods, The Next day]

[Y/n's POV]
I was invited to a story club? I think it's called of writing club. I'm not sure but Diana invited me to come to this shack in the woods with her, Ruby ,and Anne. I'm not sure what to expect, I have gotten quit close to them since Gilbert is gone and I have no one else to hang out with.

"So just write another Bert story." Diana suggest to Ruby. Ruby's trying to write another story but needs help.

"Another Bert story?" Ruby questions.

"You always write a version of the same thing." Diana tells Ruby.

"No, I don't!" Ruby argues.

"About a dashing hero named Albert, Herbert, Rupert, Pilpert..."

"Pilpert?! That's ridiculous. I would never write a story about a boy named Pilpert!" Ruby exclaims. I'm never sure what to say whenever I come to these things. I usually just write and don't say a word unless they speak to me.

"It's not like we can't tell..." Diana says.

"Well... you always murder everyone, you can't figure out what to do with your characters."

"Ruby, all your stories are about Gilbert." I tell Ruby while smiling. I mean it's pretty obvious, the girls obsessed.

"No, they're not! How else am I supposed to deal with the fact that he's been gone for eight months and three days and he may never come back?!" Ruby argues back at me.

"Anne, please take your nose out of that book and help me here." Diana pleads to Anne. Anne looks up and finally says a word.

"How about... a tragical tale of a sad and handsome scientist who one day stumbles upon a secret that could save the world?" She says as if her imagination just sprouts any new possibilities.

"Oh, Anne! However do you think of such amazing things all the time?" Diana says amazed.

"I draw from life, Diana. I draw from life."

"Oh! I almost forgot! I've had a letter from Aunt Josephine! She's very keen to read some of our stories! Let's only send her our very best." Diana says rather excited. I have never met this Aunt Josephine but from what I hear she sounds lovely.

"Well, then, we should send her all of Anne's." Ruby suggests.

"Let's send her one each. To be fair." Anne says.

We eventually leave. Since Anne Diana go down the same trail as me I walk with them. They usually have a conversation and I pretend to listen. After a while of walking I go down a different path and they continue walking until they're departure.

I haven't done much these days. Without Gilbert here there isn't much to do. Sometimes I take Tyler to the pond where Gilbert and I had a picnic but I stopped going since it just reminded me of him. I enjoy helping my Mother clean, It's relaxing to do something that is my own. I do wish Gilbert would write me, I hope he's okay.

Sorry this chapter is short compared to my other ones. I am trying to write a lot to make up for the days I didn't write.