3.4

{3318 words}

[Recap]
[In Y/n's room]
I stare at the flower on my dresser, it's a small elegant white flower, the same type of flower I gave Gilbert on our little picnic at the pond. I smile and then get into bed and get under the covers, turn off my light and slowly drift off to sleep.

[Gilbert's House]

[Gilbert's POV]
"So it's all set. We'll drop Delphine with Marilla on Saturday in time to make the morning train to Charlottetown." I tell Bash as I carry Delphine and make us something to eat, although it seems like what I'm saying is going in one ear and out the other. "I'll meet Dr. Ward while you head to The Bog to make arrangements with the minister for..." I pause for a second, "the funeral, and speak with Mary's friends."

I lay Delphine down, "Take a nappy nap? Bash, you have to come see this." Bash comes over and caresses Delphines face as I put my hand on his back, "Bash, it's alright to cry. To scream. Yell. All of it."

"I'm fine." He says before going back to his seat.

"Well... at least eat something. I swear it's almost edible." I tell him, he just looks at the food and then looks back at the Yellow kite sitting on the bench in the kitchen.

[After School]

[Y/n's POV]
Mother lets me ride a horse on my own since my father had taught me how to ride one and she thought it would make him happy if I still rode. I guess I forgot that it's 'improper' to not ride in side saddle but oh well. I decided to tag along with Anne and Diana and go to Anne's house after school since Diana couldn't and I had nothing planned.

"Tyler, tell Mom I went to Anne's house, okay, Green Gables, I'll be back before sundown." I tell Tyler before grabbing him and giving him a kiss on the forehead, "be careful." His friends weren't going to walk with him today which meant he would be alone.

Until I turned around and saw Gilbert, then I had an idea. I ran to Gilbert, almost falling.

"Yes? Are you okay?" Gilbert asks confused.

"Can you walk Tyler home? It's just that his friends won't be walking with him today and I agreed to go with Anne and Diana, you won't have to do it again, just this once. I just wanna make sure he gets home safe and-" I tell Gilbert before I'm cut off.

"Y/n, Relax. It's fine, I'll walk with Tyler and make sure he gets home fine."

"Thanks your the best!" I say and give him a quick kiss on the lips before turning around and running back to Tyler to tell him.

"Tyler, your walking with Gilbert today."

"Okay" Tyler says shrugging.

As Gilbert walks over, he just stares at me, and I look at him sideways before I realized what I did.

I smack my hand on my forehead before opening my mouth, "Gilbert, I'm so sorry, I got caught up."

"It's fine, Y/n." He says before smiling and looking at Tyler as they both start to walk towards my house. I watch them a little before going back to Anne and Diana, mid conversation.