3.8 (1/2)

{1195 words}

[Recap]
As I drift off to sleep I think about what happened at the fair. Josie Pye was wronged by Billy and nobody can tell me otherwise.
___________________________________

[At Gilbert's house]

[Gilbert's POV]
As I drift off to sleep, I can't help but feel slightly jealous, Y/n was dancing with Louis, she hung out with him all day. I mean I was with Winnie and I'm the one who broke up with her, but why does it kinda hurt?

___________________________________

[The next day, At Church]

[Y/n's POV]
As I walk into Church this morning, I grab a newspaper, 'What is Fair?' by Anne Shirley Cuthbert? I don't remember this making the final cut. Maybe I missed it?

"Marilla. It seems your Anne needs a whole page to speak her mind this morning." I hear Mrs. Barry tell Ms. Cuthbert as she walks down the center lane in the church. Mother didn't want to come today since she had been up all night with a cold so I only came with Tyler.

"She's always had a knack for that, Eliza. For better or worse." Mrs. Cuthbert Responds.

As I'm sitting with Tyler, I watch as he plays with my fingers, it helps with his anxiety so I just let him.

I'm sitting behind Diana, I notice Anne isn't here.

"Is Anne not attending this morning?" I ask Mrs. Cuthbert.

"Oh, She's in bed. I'm surprised to see you here, Y/n. You must be bone tired after your late-night efforts on the newspaper." She responds smiling. What late night efforts?

"Um, Anne had some extra work to do. She's very enthusiastic about reporting." I tell her smiling, I don't wanna rat Anne out until I know what's going on. I haven't read the Newspaper so I reach over to Tyler and grab it, it was sitting on the bench next to him. As I read it, other people read it too, and soon gasps and conversations fill the room. Oh no.

What has she done? This must not have made the final cut, because when I look over at Mrs. Stacey who is sitting with Gilbert, I raise my eyebrow as a question and she just shrugs her shoulders.

Then Josie runs out crying. I can't blame the poor girl. Anne wrote a whole paper about women's rights, which I fully support, but the way she wrote it kind of came off as a attack on Josie. I think she had the right intentions but they didn't play out as she hoped.. oh dear.

"Josie!" Josie's mother says running after her.

I grab Tyler's hand and walk over to Mrs. Stacey and Gilbert.

"Why didn't you talk some sense into our flame-headed Robespierre?" Mrs. Stacey asks me.

"We didn't know." I answer back shrugging my shoulders, "she told nobody about this. She did it herself."

"She went rogue." Gilbert adds.

"This was a school newspaper, not a bully pulpit!" Mr. Andrews says at Mrs. Stacey.