2.3

{539 Words}

[Recap]

[On the steamer, The next day]
I receive a letter from Anne, that's the last person I thought would send me a letter.
"Hmm. Fancy. So what it say?" Bush asks as I open the letter and read it.
"There's gold in Avonlea?"

('̀-'́)

[Y/n's POV]

Anne gave me the address to write to for Gilbert but I'm happy I never wrote to him, I was gonna tell him about the Gold but turns out that was a bust. Their was no Gold, just like Mother suspected, glad we didn't pay money to have our land tested. I do feel bad for everyone else who payed to have their land tested for Gold, Nate, the guy who said their was Gold actually just took the money for the Land testing and ran off with it. Sounds like a scary situation.

The Girls invited me to a re-enacting of a poem we read in class but when I passed Ruby in town she said they all got in trouble so I guess I dodged a bullet. Ruby mentioned they were going to their writing space in the woods but I didn't wanna tag along, Instead I'm in the garden in the back of my house. It's peaceful out here, Gilbert & I used to play back here.

[Bar in Trinidad]

"Man, seeing the world, trying new things. What could be better?" I tell Bash.

"Gold. Some girl tell you there might be gold on your land and you'd rather move coal." Bash says.

"I wouldn't say that girl's the most reliable narrator."

"You are crazy! If I had somebody pretty back home, gold or no, I'd be up outta here."

"It's not like that with Anne. She's just a friend. Plus there's another girl.."

"And I've never heard of this girl?"

"The last thing I need is for you to tease me about my friends."

" 'Friends' Only a boy can't admit when he's gone over a lady."

"Would a boy stare danger right in the eye? And swallow it?" I ask as I chug Bash's drink.

"Hey. No, no!"

"Oh. Oh... Oh. Oh! Oh." I run out and immediately throw up.

"There there, doux-doux. You're a man in truth." Bash says from behind me. "Come come"

[At your house, In your room]
[Y/n's POV]

I finally decide to write Gilbert a letter. I mean I have to eventually since he didn't write to me first. Anne gave me the address to write to, it would be a shame not to use it I guess.

Dear Gilbert,
How have you been? I obviously have no idea since you haven't wrote to me. Anne wrote to you so she gave me the shipping address to write to you. I took Tyler to our picnic spot, The little pond, he liked it. I have become friends with Anne, Diana, and Ruby, the rest of the girls are too much for me. Anne wrote to you about the Gold, bad thing is it was all a lie. Too much to tell about that Tale to write here, I'd rather tell it in person. Please come home someday, I miss you.
Sincerely, Y/n

Perfect. I'll send it tomorrow.